A desktop support analyst is responsible for providing guidance and assistance to the company’s computer users regarding desktop configuration issues and troubleshooting.
An ideal resume for a desktop support analyst is skills-based.
Since it is a technical position, it is advisable to use some technical key terms in your resume.
This practice will not only make your resume search engine friendly on the internet but will also create a better impression on the employer.
Sample Resume for Desktop Support Analyst Position
timothy . denver @ email . com
313 Exelon Avenue, Redmond, WA 34992
DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST
Detail-oriented, energetic IT Specialist with 5+ years’ progressively responsible experience with Level 1 support within Windows and Linux Systems environments.
- Adept at providing technical assistance to clients regarding software, and hardware issues
- Proficient in detecting and removing malware
- Particularly effective in creating network setups using various ISPs and Server domains
- Expert in DTA and Rollout and deployment of desktop icons and images
- MSCE, A+, and CCNA certified
✔ Disaster recovery
✔ Inter and intra-client networking
✔ Hardware and software installation
✔ EMET, IDS/IPS
✔ Antivirus, spyware, firewalls
✔ Windows troubleshooting
✔ Disk encryption
- Prevented computers from the risk of potential viruses through effective antivirus and spyware management
- Increased LAN speed 20% by setting up new protocols
- Identified windows based errors, plugin fatalities, and internet bugs
DESKTOP SUPPORT EXPERIENCE
IT Support Analyst
Denali Advanced Integration, Redmond, WA
Nov 2014 – Present
- Assist the procurement manager in purchasing desktop systems
- Respond to internal and external callings regarding malfunctioning issues
- Manage networking issues based on internal and external servers
- Recommend system upgradations as and when needed by the clients
- Troubleshoot any virus/malware-based issues
Desktop Support Aide
ABC Company, Redmond, WA
Jan 2009 – Nov 2014
- Oversaw the provision of hardware peripherals in XP based environment
- Provided support in setting up audio and visual technology for conferences and meetings
- Assessed functional needs of each PC in official use and update the system accordingly
MS Degree in Computer Science
Redmond University, Redmond, WA | 2010