It may seem a bit of a difficulty writing resumes for a Social Media internship. After all, mention of an internship on your resume can eventually help you secure a job later. But to make sure that this happens your resume has to be powerful.
So how does one make a resume powerful if there isn’t much experience to bank on? Many people believe that mention of experience is what makes a resume powerful. While this may be true on one level, there are certain other things that can make a resume equally strong. Let us look at the following resume sample for the position of a social media intern which will give you an idea of what we mean.
Social Media Intern Resume Sample
2788 Jerome Avenue, Topeka, KS 77383
(999) 999-9999, Email
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Gifted writer/ Excellent communicator / Social networks’ passionate
• Enthusiastic and forward thinking individual with deep interest in the effect of social media practices on marketing strategies of the company.
• Focused on performing duties akin to increasing social media presence of the company and assisting the communication department to fulfill their outreach objectives.
• Well versed in content writing, planning and moderation.
• Knowledge of monitoring and interpreting social media analytics.
|✔ Youtube||✔ Blogs|
• Made the Dean’s List for six consecutive semesters
• Awarded exclusive membership of the Social Media Honor Society
• Achieved success in directing the university’s social media project to fruition
• Trained 5 students in carrying out social media activities for the university on a voluntary basis
Volunteer | University of Kansas, Topeka, KS | June 2013 – April 2014
• Created accounts and managed profiles for the university’s presence in social media channels
• Monitored social media channels to ensure appropriate information flow
• Ensured increase of customer connections of social networks
• Employed tactics to ensure increased participation in conversations
• Wrote blogs and provided replies to comments left by customers
• Answered customers’ questions and provided them with contact information of concerned personnel
• Uploaded photographs and videos to social networks in a bid to create product awareness
• Created social media presence progress reports for the benefit of marketing and communications efforts
CITY UNIVERSITY, Topeka, KS | May 2014
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Email and Outlook
• Strong knowledge of major social media platforms, their benefits and features
• Demonstrated capability of thinking in a creative manner and applying creative thought to actual situations
• Self-starter with a keen ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail aimed at handling several social media projects concurrently