A garments inspector’s job is to examine clothing and textiles, fabric, and leather products for quality assurance. It is a job that requires great attention to detail.
Like all other industries, the textile industry is also saturated these days and there are very few opportunities. To get your profile noticed, you need to build a stand-out resume.
Here are some quick tips that will help you in building an effective resume.
1. Look for keywords in the job posting and utilize these while stating your past experience.
2. When writing your accomplishments, don’t forget to include numbers. This is the best opportunity to stand out from the crowd, don’t lose it.
3. Keep your resume brief and choose a layout that’s easy to read.
4. Customize your resume every time you apply for a job, keeping the target employer’s specific demands in mind.
5. Include only relevant information and skip unnecessary details or irrelevant experiences.
Here is a sample Garment Inspector resume for further guidance in this regard:
Garment Inspector Resume Example
84 South East Avenue
Lufkin, TX 5555
(000) 953- 6521
steven .cooper @ email .com
Dynamic Garment Inspector with 4+ years of experience in the fabric and leather industry. Strong attention to detail with a profound ability to inspect the garments and ensure quality assurance as per the company’s standard of products. Well-versed in ledger balancing, resolving financial discrepancies, and identifying any fault in merchandise.
• Trained in inspecting material to be used for garment making and testifying quality of the same.
• Skilled in conducting quality assurance inspections and generating relevant reports.
• Apt at creating optimizing and appealing garment displays and minimizing sale shrinkage due to poor display.
• Expert in identifying major and minor faults in garments and fabric.
• Proficient in balancing sales and revenue ledgers at day end.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
Universal Clothing, Lufkin, TX
May 2021 – Present
• Reducedfinancial discrepancy rate by 30% through effective implementation of inventory and ledger balancing.
• Promoted a new line of garments by utilizing the digital marketing platform and sold merchandise worth $200k in a three-day exhibition.
• Conducted daily inspections and monitored the materials used in the stitching of garments.
• Supervised the display of stitched items and organization of materials in use.
• Evaluated suppliers to assess quality, timeliness, and order compliance.
• Monitored daily activities and ensured that all procedures are executed as per policy.
Assistant Garment Inspector
Henley & Co, Lufkin, TX
Apr 2019 – May 2021
• Increased sales by 20% per month by introducing appealing displays and labeling.
• Inspected the garments for any faults or defects.
• Counted garments and matched them with a given inventory.
• Reconciled daily sales transactions to balance the sales log.
• Report any discrepancies or faults to the manager.
• Managed the storerooms, storing conditions, temperature, humidity, etc.
• Interacted with clients and assessed the quality of services based on their feedback.
Valid Driver’s License
Associate Degree in Arts
College of Humanities, Lufkin TX
English and Spanish