Housekeepers are expected to manage cleaning and maintenance duties at the employer’s premises.
Mostly, housekeepers are responsible for:
- cleaning floors
- making beds
- replenishing supplies
- dusting furniture
- cleaning windows and doors
- moving and arranging furniture
- managing inventory
While there isn’t a specified educational level required for this position, it is essential for a housekeeper to be highly enthusiastic.
When interviewing for a housekeeping position, there are certain things that an individual will need to keep in mind.
For instance, the most asked question in an interview is “Why are you interested in this position?” which is quite a difficult question to answer.
There could be hundreds of answers to this, but the right one is the only one that gets any brownie points.
If you are preparing for a housekeeping interview, you will need to see why indeed this position interests you. It could be because you are an organized person wanting to work in the hospitality industry, and this job is perfect for you.
Take a look at some answers that may answer this question:
Why are you Interested in this Housekeeping Position?
5 Sample Answers
1. It is my dream to work in a fast-paced environment as a housekeeper. I am an extremely organized individual, and nothing defines an organization more than a housekeeper’s job.
2. I want to make use of my skills in cleaning and maintaining premises and everyday housekeeping jobs for guests in an environment that is conducive to mutual growth and further learning.
3. This position interests me because I believe in my ability to make a real difference to the company by employing my housekeeping skills derived from a decade of work experience in similar capacities.
4. I am convinced that I will not need much training in this job as my skills in housekeeping are exceptionally well-honed, and I can genuinely make a difference in a positive guest experience.
5. This job is perfectly tailored to my skills and experience. I am confident in my ability to work exceptionally well in an environment that requires excellence in guest services. It is not just about dusting and mopping; it is about how performing these duties will engender positive customer experiences.