A resume for the Hotel Manager position highlights your qualifications, achievements, potential, and competencies.
Any additional strength like computer or language proficiency must also be mentioned in your resume.
How to write a Perfect Resume for a Hotel Manager Position?
The following 6 tips will guide you:
- Be honest with the employer. Give them correct and up-to-date information.
- Mention the verifiable facts of your accomplishments and experiences.
- Professionally present your expertise,
- Use simple language.
- Show them how you can be of advantage to them.
- If you have any additional qualities or abilities, do mention them. It can be your competency in other languages, or it can be any certification or knowledge of specialized software and the like.
Take a look at the 2 examples below to get more ideas.
Hotel Manager Resume Sample 1
4th Adam street
Chicago, CH 44455
Leadership through motivation and empowerment.
Experienced hotel management professional with a proven record of managing hotel operations and staff. Well-versed in custodial staff management, client complaint handling, and budgetary monitoring. Particularly adept at keeping track of bookings and ensuring implementation of defined check-in and check-out protocols as per hotel guest policy.
• Banquet arrangements • Housekeeping
• Employee training • Cash handling
• Customer service • Event/catering management
• Complaint management • Expenditure control
• Inventory maintenance • Vendor dealing
• Demonstrated high-rated hospitality and customer service skills resulting in an increase of hotel intake by 30% in one year
• Facilitated the administration in the upgrading process of hospitality services and contributed massively in raising the rating from three to five-star level consistently over a period of 2 years
• Achieved the ‘Best Employee of the year award in 2020 from Serena Hotel, Chicago.
Serena Hotel, Chicago, IL
• Maintain inventory and manage credit cards payment and cash drawers
• Greet guests, note down and communicate special requirements and handle their complaints
• Arrange events and cater banquets
• Manage and supervise housekeeping and custodial staff
Marriott International, Chicago, CH
• Facilitated the manager in special events organization and catering
• Developed and displayed weekly duty schedules for domestic staff
• Ensured that unknown personnel do not hang around in the lobby area and kept security check
Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
Illinois State University, Chicago, IL | 2010
• Bilingual: English/French
• Computer proficiency
Hotel Manager Resume Sample 2 (Less Experience)
234 Gannon Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 24331
Seeking a position as a Hotel Manager with Sayville Suites. Offering exceptional hospitality and administrative skills to meet and exceed customer satisfaction targets.
• Over 6 years of extensive management experience in the hospitality setting
• Highly skilled in accomplishing hotel human resource objectives
• In-depth knowledge of coordinating activities of all departments to ensure customer satisfaction
• Hands-on experience in functioning as the strategic business leader of operations
• Devised and implemented emergency exit drills in order to cope with emergencies
• Set up hotel functions and departments from scratch in a purpose-built environment
HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Sheraton Hotel – Saint Louis, MO
March 2012 – Present
• Plan and direct operations of all departments
• Evaluate changes and guest needs and ensure fulfillment
• Monitor and maintain financial performance
• Responsible for overall guest satisfaction
• Resolve guests’ problems
• Conduct daily standup meetings with the staff, especially during shift changes
• Oversee employees and ensure the provision of quality services
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management
Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO – 2005
Major: Personnel Organization
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Excellent guest service orientation and attention to detail
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Good planning and organizational skills