Creating a draft before creating the actual resume is important simply because it is your prime job application document.
Writing a hospital clerk resume in any way that you want will not do.
You have to follow certain guidelines.
The main issue with most resumes is that they fail to create an impression, when doing so is of the utmost importance.
To impress a prospective employer, you can take ideas from the following resume sample:
4220 Creek Road | Lewes, DE 25332 | (000) 999-9999 | biancabrekk @email .com
Hardworking and well-organized Hospital Clerk with extensive expertise providing clerical and administrative support to assigned units and departments. Proven success in collecting, preparing and compiling patients’ records within the assigned unit. A personable and pleasant individual who an approachable personality and ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced healthcare setting.
Professional skills include
|✓ Patient Flow Management||✓ Record-keeping|
|✓ Information Safeguarding||✓ Phone Coverage|
|✓ Security Compliance||✓ Tests Ordering|
|✓ Staffing Assistance||✓ Insurance Liaison|
|✓ Appointments Management||✓ Patient Scheduling|
|✓ Admission and Discharge||✓ Billing & Coding|
|✓ Staff Schedules Creation||✓ Customer Service|
• Decreased patient flow issues by implementing a system that worked in relation to the appointments system
• Suggested introduction of a first information report for patients, the implementation of which resulted in streamlining of patients’ records
• Replaced the old patient records system with a new one which was75% more efficient
• Implemented an online patient registration system which helped in managing inflow of people at the hospital
Limestone Hospital, Lewes, DE | 6/2012 – Present
• Create and maintain patients’ records and ensure that they are properly filed in the system
• Assist patients in filling out admission forms and verify information provided on them
• Check and verify insurance coverage information by contacting insurance companies
• Respond to requests for information over the telephone and in person
• Document all care services provided to each patient by coordinating activities with medical and nursing staff members
Sava Healthcare, Lewes, DE | 8/2010 – 6/2012
• Greeted patients and families and directed or escorted them to required departments
• Recorded information including physicians’ orders and dietary requirements against each patient record
• Ordered unit supplies and maintained contact with vendors and suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of medical equipment and supplies
• Created and implemented staff schedules
• Maintained records of absences and staff working hours
Lewes Hospital, Lewes, DE | 2/2009 – 8/2010
• Provided information regarding the hospital’s services and facilities
• Assisted patients and family members in filling out patient registration or admission forms
• Coordinated patient discharge activities by collecting and compiling information and records from all relevant departments
• Assisted in creating and maintaining patients’ records in predefined hospital databases
Lewes High School, Lewes, DE – 2009
High School Diploma