IT support technicians perform three standard duties:
1. Ongoing end user support
2. Routine maintenance of computers
3. Infrastructure Support
The following is a list of their regular tasks:
• Researching, learning, and estimating new hardware and software
• Maintaining records of PCs, systems, and laptops for end users
• Taking backups, maintaining backup systems and backup tapes
• Installing and configuring new computers and peripherals
• Repairing and upgrading PC and Mac hardware and software
• Identifying hardware and software problems and rectifying accordingly
• Remaining on-call when looked-for
• Organizing training sessions and providing training to employees of the company
• Troubleshooting printers, network cables, and scanners
Below is a perfect sample cover letter for IT Support Technician Resume that will surely help you.
Feel free to modify this sample cover letter as per your specific circumstances.
- Job Description for IT Support Technician Resume
- IT Support Technician Interview Questions and Answers
IT Support Technician Cover Letter Sample
55 5th Street North
Easton, PA 65228
October 14, 2018
Mr. John Brown
Manager (Human Resources)
54 Some Street
Easton, PA 32654
Dear Mr. Brown:
As a committed IT professional with 4+ years of verifiable track record, I am applying for an IT Support Technician position. My extensive training coupled with IT certifications and hands-on experience makes me an exceptional candidate. Owing to my exceptional IT skills and capabilities, I will be able to contribute effectively to the Victaulic’s IT division.
Through my experience in help desk support, I acquired talents in all aspects of troubleshooting and installation, as well as the configuration of desktops, laptops, hardware, and software.
Specifically, I possess the following qualifications:
❖ Timely responding to clients’ tickets
❖ Track record of resolving technical, network and printer issues
❖ Particularly effective in identifying problems
❖ Taking necessary actions to resolve issues
❖ Exceptional talent for providing on-site end-user training
❖ Known for collaborating with staff to provide practical support
Because of these talents, I will be able to provide the best IT support to your company.
As you are looking for an IT expert who has outstanding people and problem-solving skills, so I am your candidate. I’d like to meet with you to discuss how my troubleshooting skills can assist you to attain your goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I will call your office after one week to arrange an interview date and time.
Last updated on