IT support technicians perform three typical duties:
- Ongoing end-user support
- Routine maintenance of computers
- Infrastructure Support
If you are going to apply for a new job as an IT support technician, then you have to make a compelling cover letter. In your cover letter, you will need the write some of the following phrases:
- Researching, learning, and estimating new hardware and software
- Maintaining records of PCs, systems, and laptops for end-users
- Taking backups, maintaining backup systems, and backup data
- Installing and configuring new computers and peripherals
- Repairing and upgrading PC and Mac hardware and software
- Identifying hardware and software problems and rectifying them accordingly
- Remaining on-call when looked-for
- Organizing training sessions and providing training to employees of the company
- Troubleshooting printers, network cables, and scanners
Here is a perfect sample cover letter for an IT Support Technician Resume that will surely help you in writing your own. Feel free to modify this sample cover letter as per your specific circumstances.
Sample Cover Letter for IT Support Technician Position
January 9, 2023
Mr. John Brown
Manager (Human Resources)
54 Some Street
Easton, PA 32654
Dear Mr. Brown:
As a highly skilled and dependable IT technician with 4+ years of verifiable track record, I am applying for an IT Support Technician position at Victaulic. My extensive training coupled with IT certifications and hands-on experiences make me an exceptional candidate. Owing to my exceptional IT skills and capabilities, I will be able to contribute effectively to Victaulic’s IT division.
Through my experience in help desk support, I acquired talents in all aspects of troubleshooting and installation, as well as the configuration of desktops, laptops, hardware, and software.
Specifically, I am well-versed in:
❖ Timely response to clients’ tickets
❖ Resolving technical, network, and printer issues
❖ Identifying complex system and network problems
❖ Taking necessary actions to resolve issues
❖ Providing on-site end-user training
❖ Collaborating with staff to provide practical support
By utilizing the talents mentioned above, I will be able to provide the best IT support to your company.
As you are looking for an IT expert who has outstanding people and problem-solving skills, I am your candidate.
I’d like to meet with you to discuss how my troubleshooting skills can assist you in attaining your goals. With the intention to arrange an interview, I will call your office after one week.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Should you need more information, please feel free to contact me at (090) 099-9088.