IT support technicians perform three standard duties:
1. Ongoing end user support
2. Routine maintenance of computers
3. Infrastructure Support
Following is a list of their regular duties:
• Researching, learning, and estimating new hardware and software
• Maintaining records of PCs, systems and laptops of end users
• Taking backups, maintaining backup systems and backup tapes
• Installing and configuring new computers and peripherals
• Repairing and upgrading PC and Mac hardware and software
• Identifying hardware and software problems and rectifying accordingly
• Remaining on-call when looked-for
• Organizing training sessions and providing training to employees of company
• Troubleshooting printers, network cables and scanners
Below is a very good sample cover letter for IT Support Technician Resume. Feel free to modify this sample cover letter as per your specific circumstances.
IT Support Technician Cover Letter Sample
55 5th Street North
Easton, PA 65228
October 16, 2017
Mr. John Brown
Manager (Human Resources)
54 Some Street
Easton, PA 32654
Dear Mr. Brown:
As a committed IT Support Technician with 4 years of successful track record, I am applying to obtain a position at Victaulic. My extensive IT training, certifications, and experience makes me an exceptional candidate. Utilizing my skills and capabilities, I will effectively contribute to the Victaulic’s IT division.
Through my experience in help desk support, I acquired talents in all aspects of troubleshooting, installations, and configuration for a variety of desktops, laptops, hardware, and software. Specific to your needs, I possess the following qualifications:
❖ Timely responds to clients’ tickets
❖ Track record of resolving complex technical, network and printer issues
❖ Particularly effective in identifying problem cause and taking necessary actions to resolve problems
❖ Special talent for providing on-site end-user training
❖ Known for collaborating with staff to provide effective support
As you are looking for an IT expert who has outstanding people and problem solving skills and able to provide best support to your IT Help Desk, I am your right choice. I am positive it would be equally beneficial to meet and talk about the goals of your organization and how my technological and troubleshooting abilities can assist you attain those goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I will call your office after one week to arrange a meeting date and time.