A desktop support technician cover letter and resume play a decisive role in your job hiring process. For this reason, you should try your best to create these documents compellingly.
How to Write a Winning Cover Letter for Desktop Support Technician?
- Research the prospective company and make a list of their needs.
- Extract the required qualifications and skills from the job description and include the same in your letter.
- Focus on a few skills and competencies that are most important to the employer.
- Begin your letter with a strong, compelling introductory paragraph.
- Highlight the ways how your experiences will help you perform well in the future.
- Close with a call for action by mentioning that you would like an interview.
As per Microsoft, the following is a standard job description of a desktop support technician. You may add some or all of these phrases in your cover letter.
- Install, configure, and upgrade hardware and software.
- Resolve hardware as well as software issues for customers.
- Liaise between customers and the company.
- Instruct users regarding hardware and software settings.
- Give feedback on customer requirements.
- Discuss with the product team about how the software works.
Here are 2 sample cover letters to get help and ideas.
Desktop Support Technician Cover Letter Sample 1
524 New Castle Street
Dallas, TX 65321
October 25, 2020
Mr. David Clinton
214 Some Street
Dallas, TX 65996
Dear Mr. Clinton:
This letter, together with the attached resume is a strong expression of interest in the Desktop Support Technician position at ABC Company. As your job description perfectly complements my qualifications and experience, I’ll be able to surpass your expectations..
As can be seen in the attached resume, I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician with five years’ extensive experience working in diverse IT environments. During my professional career, I handled numerous technical, maintenance, and computer support issues for corporate and branch locations. In particular, I configured and set up hardware, software, and peripherals, and diagnosed and troubleshot problems relating to local area network (LAN).
Furthermore, I worked with virus protection software and utility programs while following the company policies and procedures. In short, all of my experiences and skills will help me to provide excellent IT support to your clients.
As an enthusiastic desktop support technician, I would welcome a chance to meet with you in order to discuss how my education, experience, and skills would be beneficial for ABC Company. I can be reached at (000) 527-3632 to arrange an interview time. Moreover, I will contact you by phone next week to follow-up.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Cover Letter for Desktop Support Technician Sample 2
64 Wiseguy Lane, Ohio, TX 54622
michael @ email . com
October 25, 2020
Ms. Dorothy Payne
International Institute of Business
866 Techno Sq
Ohio, TX 54622
Dear Ms. Dorothy:
As a multi-talented IT professional with experience in installing and troubleshooting common computer and network issues, I am applying for a Desktop Support Technician at the International Institute of Business.
My expertise includes but not limited to troubleshooting windows vista and XP, 7 and 8, Linux, and Macintosh. Moreover, I am proficient in network management and setting up peripheral devices. Possessing extraordinary knowledge of IPs and external servers, I am capable of setting up and developing LANs and WANs to facilitate inter and intra staff communication at all levels.
If you could use the services of a desktop support expert who is skilled in fixing network issues, setting up new hardware, repairing damaged ports, installing and debugging software and handling anti-malware, then we should meet. Please call me now to set up an interview date and time.
Thank you for your time and consideration.