• Research the prospective company and make a list of their needs.
• Extract required qualifications and skills form job description and include same in your letter.
• Focus on a few skills and competencies that are most important for the employer.
• Begin your letter with a strong, compelling introductory paragraph.
• Highlight your accomplishments and the ways how your past accomplishments will help you perform well in future.
• Close with a call for action, mention that you would like an interview.
The following is a sample cover letter for desktop support Technician for your guidance.
Desktop Support Technician Cover Letter Example
64 Wiseguy Lane | Ohio, TX 54622 | (003) 666-5555 | michael @ email . com
May 19, 2018
Ms. Dorothy Payne
International Institute of Business
866 Techno Sq
Ohio, TX 54622
Dear Ms. Dorothy:
I have had a passion for the computers troubleshooting all my life, and I am applying for Desktop Support Technician to make this happen.
I am a multi-talented IT professional with experience in installing and handling problems of common computer and networking issues. My expertise includes but not limited to troubleshooting windows vista and XP, 7 and 8, Linux and Macintosh. I am proficient in network management and setting up audiovisual equipment. Possessing extraordinary knowledge of IPs and external servers, I am capable of setting up and developing LANs and WANs to facilitate inter and intra staff communication at all levels.
If you could use the services of a desktop support expert who is skilled in fixing network issues, setting up new hardware, repairing damaged ports, installing and debugging software and handling anti-malware, then we should meet. Please call me now to set up an interview date and time.
Thank you for your time and consideration.