An Optometrist Assistant is responsible for greeting customers, answering phone calls, and obtaining eligibility from online insurance. S/he is also accountable for scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out. Knowledge of MS Word and QuickBooks along with a good typing speed is desirable for this position.
In order to be a successful Optometrist, you will require both technical and customer service skills.
A well-written resume along with a compelling cover letter for an entry-level Optometrist Assistant is usually required to apply for this job.
The following resume samples will guide you on how to build an effective resume for an optometrist assistant when you have no experience in hand.
Sample Optometrist Assistant Resume With Less Experience
101 Hilton Suites, Houston, TX 58974
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
– Over 8 months of hands-on experience in supporting the optometrist during examinations.
– Well-versed in assisting patients in frame selection, adjustment, and repair of glasses.
– Great knowledge of the fabrication of eyeglasses or contact lenses.
– Skilled in maintaining records and arranging appointments.
– Demonstrated ability to perform basic bookkeeping and filing tasks.
– Able to teach patients how to apply eye dressings and how to insert and remove contact lenses.
– Good communication and patient care skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Basic bookkeeping skills
– Proficient in MS Office Suite and Optometry Software
ABC Eye Clinic, Houston TX
May 2021 – Dec 2021
– Prepared patients for eye examination; helped in testing for near and far acuity, depth insight, macula integrity, color acuity, and visual field using ocular testing apparatus.
– Taught patients about caring for their eyes and using glasses or contact lenses.
– Worked with patients in vision therapy.
– Maintained the examination room and kept the apparatus clean.
– Assisted Optometrist during surgery.
– Prepared correspondence and set up appointments.
Certificate in Optometric Technology/Opticianry
St Louis College of Technical Studies, Houston TX
Sample Optometrist Assistant Resume With No Experience
Results-driven and highly motivated Optometrist Assistant seeking a challenging position to utilize my strong attention to detail and passion for providing excellent patient care. Although I don’t have direct experience, I am eager to learn and contribute to a team of vision professionals.
Certified Optometric Technician
XYZ Certification Program, 2023
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities
- Proficient in maintaining accurate medical records
- Knowledge of optometric equipment and procedures
- Familiarity with insurance verification and billing processes
ABC Eye Care Center
May 2023 – Aug 2023
- Assisted optometrists with pre-testing procedures
- Conducted visual acuity and color vision tests
- Managed patient intake, including medical history documentation
- Operated diagnostic equipment, such as autorefractors and tonometers
- Prepared examination rooms and sanitized equipment
Community Vision Clinic, San Diego, CA
Jan 2023 – May 2023
- Assisted in conducting vision screenings for community members
- Helped patients choose appropriate eyewear
- Managed appointment scheduling and paperwork
- Provided support to optometrists during eye examinations
- Conducted visual field tests
Certified Optometric Technician (COT)
Available upon request