An Optometrist Assistant is responsible for greeting customers, answering phone calls, and obtaining eligibility from online insurance.
S/he is also accountable for scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out.
Knowledge of MS Word and QuickBooks along with a typing speed of 50 wpm is desirable for this position.
TIn order to be a successful Optometrist, you will require both technical and customer care skills.
Your knowledge and experience (full-time or internship) are vital to selling yourself.
A well-written resume along with a compelling cover letter for an entry-level Optometrist Assistant is usually required to apply for this job.
The following resume sample will guide you on how to build an effective resume for an optometrist assistant when you have no experience in hand.
Sample Resume for Entry Level Optometrist Assistant with Less or No Experience
101 Hilton Suites, Houston, TX 58974
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
– Over 8 months of hands-on experience in supporting the optometrist during examinations.
– Well-versed in assisting the patients in frame selection, adjustment, and repair of glasses.
– Great knowledge of the fabrication of eyeglasses or contact lenses.
– Skilled in maintaining records and arranging appointments.
– Demonstrated ability to perform basic bookkeeping and filing tasks.
– Able to teach patients how to apply eye dressings and how to insert and remove contact lenses.
– Good communication and patient care skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Basic bookkeeping skills
– Proficient in MS Office Suite and Optometry software
ABC Eye Clinic, Houston TX
May 2021 – Dec 2021
– Prepared patients for eye examination; helped in testing for near and far acuity, depth insight, macula integrity, color acuity, and visual field using ocular testing apparatus.
– Taught patients regarding caring for their eyes and using glasses or contact lenses.
– Worked with patients in vision therapy.
– Maintained the examination room and kept the apparatus clean.
– Assisted Optometrist during surgery.
– Prepared correspondence and set up appointments.
Certificate in Optometric Technology/Opticianry
St Louis College of Technical Studies, Houston TX