A cover letter for a nursing unit clerk resume is a unique opportunity to communicate your personality to prospective employers.
It must be used to the fullest so as to create a positive first impression and to enable the employer to view your candidacy not only as viable but the ideal one.
How to Write a Great Cover Letter for Nursing Unit Clerk Position?
- Find out the employer’s preferences and highlight the most relevant features of your profile
- Exhibit ample knowledge about the prospective healthcare facility
- Grab the reader’s attention right from the start
- Include some selling points of your candidacy in terms of quantified accomplishments, as well as skills.
- Show your keenness by including an application follow up plan in your cover letter
Below is a great example of a nursing unit clerk cover letter.
Sample Cover Letter for Nursing Unit Clerk Position
210 Fiery Avenue
Wailuku, HI 87505
gina . gilbert @ email . com
May 1, 2021
Mr. Samuel Thompson
54 Main Boulevard
Wailuku, HI 87505
Dear Mr. Thompson:
I am interested in speaking with you regarding a Nursing Unit Clerk position with Northwest Hospital. I offer a track record of delivering high-quality patient care services while maintaining prompt and accurate paperwork for each patient.
For the past nine years, I have proven my expertise in making patient registration and discharge a smooth and swift, interruption-free process. Highlights of my professional achievements include:
- Enhanced patient satisfaction level by 30% through courteous and patient care-oriented workplace ethic and excellent telephonic etiquette.
- Reduced the operational expenses by $7000 per month by reducing energy consumption and supplies usage.
- Ensured 24-hour availability of all medical supplies by implementing a new supply inventory on the assigned floor.
- Acquired and replenished the routine supplies within the given budget.
Besides that, I offer the following skills:
- Answering questions and directing visitors to appropriate clinical locations and/or departments.
- Maintaining patient and records confidentially and promoting patient advocacy.
- Translating and interpreting for patients, nurses, and doctors.
- Transcribing physician’s orders, involving patient activities, diets, tests, and medication to the Kardex, Medication Administration Records (MAR), and IV sheet.
- Managing patient appointments for general or specialty clinics, and comprehensive services.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the reception area and the nursing unit in general.
I believe the above-mentioned track record is highly indicative of my expert clerical skills, familiarity with paperwork protocols in healthcare settings, and profound ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment while carrying out the role-specific duties accurately with great attention to detail.
I would like to meet with you in an interview that will allow me to explore the prospect further and establish the relevance of my candidacy with your needs. Thank you for your time and consideration. My resume is attached for your review.