Cosmetology is a unique blend of aesthetics, technology, and health tips used for the beautification of skin, face, and hair.
It is an exciting profession that presents professionals with unique challenges every day.
Due to the sensitive nature of the job, a resume for a cosmetology position must be skill-based.
Since cosmetology is a broad term that umbrellas skincare, face beautification, hand, and nail care, hair treatments, and the like, merely mentioning some years spent as a cosmetician isn’t going to help.
It is better to present all your skills in order of expertise level in separate broad sections, let’s say for face skin, and hair.
A skills-based resume will flash your skills instantly, and the employer will find it easy to relate your profile with the job in question.
Sample Skills Based Resume for Cosmetology Job
lilly.rochester @ email.com
230 Winton Lane
Poulsbo, WA 87303
Customer service-oriented, dedicated Cosmetologist with extraordinary skills and formal training in professional face and skincare, makeup, and hairstyling. Particularly useful in hair cutting, treatment, permanent straightening, and styling. Washington state cosmetology certification.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Hair texture enhancement treatment planning and implementation
• All varieties of facial treatments
• Skin and nail care
• Manicure and Pedicure
SKILLS IN COSMETOLOGY
Hair Treatments and Styling
• Hot oil frizz
• Oil massage
• Dry Scalp
• Hair straightening
• Texture enhancement
• Cutting and styling
• Dying and extension application
Skin and Nail Care
• Complexion enhancement using electrolysis
• Deep moisturizing therapy
• Manicure and pedicure
• Waxing, threading, plucking
• Cellulite Treatment
Facial Techniques and Makeup
• All types of facial massage based treatments
• Acne therapy
• Moisturizing for dry face
• Eyelash extensions and permanent eyeliner application
Extra Care beauty Saloon, Poulsbo, WA
2017 – Present
• Introduced hot oil hair treatments at Fifi’s, which is now an integral part of services offered in all Fifi’s Branches.
• Marketed unique deal packages and recommended high-quality branded cosmetics available at Extra Care beauty salon to clients, which resulted in a 20% increase in sales during the first two months of work.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
Certified Hair Stylist (2010)
Certified Makeup Artist (2009)
Valid cosmetician License (Washington)
A.S., Food, and Nutrition
Washington State University, Poulsbo, WA