A well-written Petroleum Engineer resume usually has a lot of thought and effort behind it.
Without either of these, it is impossible to write an appealing resume.
Typically, a resume for Petroleum Engineer position should be able to provide a hiring manager with core information about what a job seeker is capable of doing – from different aspects.
The following resume sample does this:
Petroleum Engineer Resume Example
638 Carolina Avenue, Salem, WV 80021
barb.writ @ email . com
Petroleum engineer with a solid track record of providing leadership and support to all stages of oil and gas field evaluation, development and production. Experienced in maximizing hydrocarbon recovery at minimum costs, while focusing on reducing environmental impact.
Effectively designs equipment to extract oil and gas, keeping profit margins in mind. Develops efficient ways to inject water, chemicals, gases and steam into oil reserves for extract oil. Competent in implementing plans to drill fields, in order to safely extract oil and gas. Qualified to design systems to help oil well flow, and manage issues associated with fluid behavior
|✓ Flow Rate Enhancement||✓ Remote Sensing Technology|
|✓ Data Analysis||✓ Extractions Sites Planning|
|✓ Oilfield Production Programs||✓ Results Interpretation|
|✓ Production Maximization||✓ Refining Processes|
|✓ Drilling Techniques||✓ Reports and Maps Preparation|
|✓ Extraction Risk Management||✓ Safety Measures|
• Implemented a data analysis system which provided results that were 75% more accurate than the one already being utilized.
• Introduced a risk management module, resulting in reducing extraction risk by 55%.
• Successfully implemented onsite safety measures, reducing extraction risks by a staggering 85%.
• Trained 6 groups of oilfield workers in handling drilling and extracting work, as part of their training.
Halliburton, Salem, WV | 6/2012 – Present
• Study both geological and geophysical information to determine the most efficient methods of drilling and extracting oil and gas
• Develop methods, tools and machines to safely and efficiently extract petroleum products
• Analyze provided data to determine placement of wells and supplementary processes to enhance production
• Provide suggestions for well modification and stimulation, aiming to maximize oil and gas recovery
• Direct and supervise the completion and evaluation of wells and well testing programs
• Develop and implement plans for oil and gas extraction onsite, and ensure that they are being followed
• Determine risks associated with extraction procedures, and provide recommendations to overcome them
• Monitor and evaluate reservoir performance, choosing the best methods and equipment for each job
Petroleum Engineer Trainee
XDuce, Salem, WV | 2/2010 – 5/2012
• Assisted in analyzing geological data and planning and supervising extraction sites
• Provided support in monitoring and evaluating reservoir performance and preparing maps
• Interpreted well-logging such as geological formation to determine resource potential
• Provided limited supervision to oilfield workers to ensure that all work processes were being carried out according to protocol
• Implemented safety measures, and ensured that all workers abided by them during each field operation
West Virginia State University, Salem, WV – 2009
Master’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering