Admissions counselors are expected to assist admissions managers and officers with guiding and building relationships with potential students in an academic setting.
They are required to attend high school fairs, tracking application materials, and interviewing prospective students for the suitability, providing relevant information and performing related office tasks.
This is usually an entry-level or mid-career position.
The following resume sample will provide you with information on what an entry level admissions counselor resume should contain.
Admissions Counselor Resume No Experience
9102 Jewel Avenue, Portsmouth, VA 24232
Looking for a position of Admissions Counselor with City School utilizing exceptional know-how of admissions procedures and profound skills in building relationships for counseling purposes.
Bachelors of Arts in Psychology
Concordia University, Portsmouth, VA – 2019
Major: Student Counseling
Minor: Community Building
• Thorough understanding of following through standard admissions procedures
• Exceptional comprehension of recruiting and evaluating prospective students
• Profound ability to perform counseling services and participating and student recruitment procedures
• Good knowledge of conducting informational workshops at school and college events
Volunteer Admissions Counselor
Touro College – Street, MD | 1/2019 – 3/2019
• Represented the Colege both on/off-campus to prospective students and parents.
• Counseled applicants on the admissions procedures.
• Conducted one-on-one admissions counseling.
• Reviewed applications and other admissions materials submitted by applicants.
• Answered inquiries from the stakeholders.
• Managed student visit programs.
Bilingual – English and Spanish
Proficient in MS Office Applications
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing
• Excellence in team-building activities
• Highly motivated with excellent organizational and time management skills
• Internet savvy
• President of the Book Club at Danville State College
• An active member of the Writer’s Club
• Member of the college swimming team
• Member of the college baseball team
• Performed volunteer work at Sava Senior Care for seven months
• Worked as a volunteer for American Stray Dogs Associated for two years