Admission Counselors work in academic settings.
Their role is purely administrative as they are required to manage all aspects of an academic institute’s admission procedures.
If you are looking for a resume sample for this position, the following may help you in crafting your very own.
This sample starts with targeted professional highlights and focuses on qualifications and achievements of the candidate.
Admissions Counselor Resume Example
837 Wyoming ● Saint Paul, MN 42332 ● (000) 933-9212 ● Email
• Five years of experience working as an Admissions Counselor
• Highly skilled in advising, programming and working with university students
• Hands on experience with communicating with students to address inquiries
• In-depth knowledge of common academic protocols used in managing admissions processes
• Proficient in creating liaison with different departments within a university setting
• Computer: MS Office Suite and MS Project
• Bilingual: English and Italian
• Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
• Proven ability to work flexible hours
• Profound ability to work with individual prospective students
• Great organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work long hours
• Formulated a comprehensive admissions application set which covers the entire admissions process without room for errors.
• Introduced and trained admissions personnel on the online admissions processing database thereby reducing paperwork.
Keiser University – Saint Paul, MN | Jan 2011 – Present
• Provide admissions assistance to university students and new applicants.
• Set up info sessions by maintaining liaison with other institutes and agencies.
• Assist students throughout the admissions process.
Concordia University – Saint Paul, MN | Oct 2007 – Jan 2011
• Established relationships with outreach contacts.
• Networked with district schools and universities.
• Represented university at academic events.
Saint Paul University – 2006
Bachelor of Science in Psychology