Even without experience as a university or college bursar, you can still apply for the position if you feel that you are a good learner.
But first of all, you will have to write a cover letter to let the hiring manager know that you are interested in the work.
An entry-level bursar cover letter should highlight your core skills and knowledge, as well as the enthusiasm to work for the employer.
To see what exactly should go into a bursar cover letter for a candidate without experience, here is a sample that you can go through:
College / University Bursar Cover Letter No Experience
November 20, 2021
Mr. Victor Bailey
Human Resources Manager
New York State University
964 19th Avenue
New York City, NY 12023
Dear Mr. Bailey:
As a recent finance graduate, I am interested in speaking with you regarding a bursar position at New York State University. The parallels between your bursar position and my skills are striking. In view of this excellent match, I believe that I am a great contender for this position.
As indicated in the attached resume, I have a strong knowledge of working in fast-paced educational environments. Precisely, my skills include the following:
• Unmatched ability to establish, communicate and enforce tuition payment and refund policies
• Proficient in perusing and implementing alternative payment methods and associated financial services
• Ability to familiarize students and parents with application processes
• Adept at generating monthly tuition statements
• In-depth knowledge of approving periodic check and cash refunds
• Familiar with handling electronic invoicing tasks
• Competent in following up on past-due accounts
The combination of my strong academic background and my inherent talents would help me exceed your expectations. I will follow up next Monday to schedule a time to talk with you more about the bursar position.
Thank you for taking the time to review my application and consider me as a candidate. I look forward to hearing from you soon!