You cannot judge a book by its cover only. But sadly, that is exactly what happens in the employment world.
Resumes are judged by the cover letters that they come with, so you can imagine the importance of a good cover letter here.
In order to write a good cover letter, use professional language and passion to work for the employer.
For a sample cover letter for a transit bus driver resume, refer below:
Transit Bus Driver Cover Letter Sample
June 4, 2021
Mr. Eric Ferguson
672 Neptune Road
Newark, DE 12565
Dear Mr. Ferguson:
I am one of the most seasoned drivers in the transit bus driving field, having served some of the state’s largest transit companies. That’s why I am extremely enthusiastic about the Transit Bus Driver position. My qualifications are based on a combination of my driving success, customer service knowledge, emergency handling abilities, and communication skills.
The following are some of my many qualifications:
- Current Class B CDL with passengers endorsement
- Special talent for driving bus safely at all times
- Able to handle road emergencies such as accidents and breakdowns by employing tact
- Successful experience in handling onboard problems such as fight breakouts and unruly passengers
- Proficient in performing preventative maintenance on transit vehicles to ensure low wear and tear
I would be pleased to have the opportunity to interview with you, and hope you will give the enclosed resume a favorable consideration. I will call next Monday to determine an empty pocket in your schedule so that we can meet. In the interim, you may contact me at either (000) 666-6666 or arthurjenson @ myemail. com.
Thank you for your time and consideration.