Stumped about how to write your skills in a forklift driver resume? No problem! If you know the job inside out, you will have no trouble picking out related skills from your job description. Look at it this way – a job duty is something that you do every day. A skill is what you need to be able to perform the job duties that you handle each day. Does that make sense?
Let us elaborate a little more. You cannot do much if you are not skilled. Even boiling an egg requires a certain amount of skill. To discover your own skills, you will need to look deep inside yourself and make a list of all the things that you are capable of doing. If for instance, you are applying for a forklift driver position, it is important that you first determine what kind of skills you will need to be hired at this position. You will require a high level of concentration and discipline, good organization skills, knowledge of warehouse environments, and adaptability so that you can perform other work (such as order picking and packing) in addition to operating a forklift.
Making better sense now? Great! Now that we have taken the example of a forklift driver, let us have a look at a list of skills for someone working at this position:
• Highly experienced in operating standard forklifts to move, locate, relocate, stack and count merchandise.
• Deep insight into operating and maintaining counterbalance and 3-wheel counterbalance forklift trucks to assist in order locating and picking duties.
• Proven ability to safely and efficiently pick orders and transport them to packing and labeling areas and onto trucks by ensuring appropriate use of controls.
• Track record of driving forklifts around warehouses to move packed goods from storage areas to delivery pallets in a safe manner.
• Demonstrated expertise in examining products to verify conformance to quality standards, picking them up using forklifts and pallet jacks and ensuring that they are safely delivered to awaiting trucks.
• Proficient in operating and performing maintenance on industrial reach forklifts along with ensuring that picked items are safely stacked in delivery trucks.
• Adept at providing materials and components to the picking line by ensuring that they are physically moved from stock points, using designated forklifts).
• Qualified to operate reach forklifts, counterbalance forklifts, wheel counterbalance forklifts and hand pallet trucks to move products safely from storage areas to delivery vehicles.