A newly trained dump truck driver should write a resume to impress the hiring manager that they are ready for the job.
In the resume, it is imperative to highlight your skills and abilities, and any volunteer experience that you may have held.
It is also important to highlight your personality through impressively written academic qualifications and personal strengths.
Here is a resume sample for a dump truck driver position, without any prior experience:
Sample Dump Truck Driver Resume No Experience
45 Concord Street, Richmond, VA 64021
Dump Truck Driver
Dedicated and hardworking Dump Truck Driver with hands-on dump truck driving training. Excellent knowledge of transporting items such as crushed rock, sand, and gravel to and from locations. Highly skilled in verifying material types that need to be transported, and ensuring conformance to weight limitations.
Class B CDL
Dump Truck Driving Training
Transportation Training Centre, Humber College, Toronto, ON – 2019
• Dumper Oversight • Safety Codes
• Site Safety Awareness • Pre-start Checking
• Operating Practices • Loading / Unloading Practices
• Technical Theory • Reverse Mechanisms
High School Diploma
North Richmond High School, Richmond, VA
ONROAD TRAINING / WORK EXPERIENCE
Dump Truck Driver Helper
YMCA Services, Richmond, VA
Sep 2022-Dec 2022
• Took and comprehended instructions for dump truck operations
• Inspected assigned dump truck to ensure good working order
• Performed preventative and regular maintenance on assigned dump trucks
• Transported trash, gravel, rock, and sand to set locations
• Ensured proper and safe loading and unloading of materials
• Mapped correct routes using conventional maps, and the GPS
• Maintained accurate driving logs
• Created and maintained effective liaison with dispatchers
• Delivered items to destinations in a safe manner
• Monitored gauges during vehicle operations
• Maintained mileage information according to specifications
• Used cranks and levers to dump contents, and tilt the vehicle body
• Maintain a clean and safe work truck, with a focus on regular maintenance and repair
• Perform liquid checks, including oil and water levels
• Secure loads for transit by efficiently positioning blocks and tarps
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Truck Inspection • Greasing
• Accident Prevention • Route Mapping
• Logs Maintenance • Safety Rules Conformance
• Preventative Maintenance • Gauge Oversight
• Load Covering • Emergency Response
• DOT Conformance • Communication
• Volunteered driver helper services for a local bus service, catering to specially-abled children.
• Led a team of volunteers to assist with a softball team.