Skills phrases that genuinely make a difference in a Driver Resume are hard to mention in a driver’s resume. That is because everyone might be using the same one.
While employers are familiar with most phrases that candidates use, they still welcome them as they portray a candidate’s skills as they are.
All transportation jobs indeed come with a certain level of responsibility, but a driver’s career entails more responsibility than any other.
Therefore, when someone is applying for a job as a driver, they may need to write some phrases that best describe their relevant skills and abilities.
A driver needs to be able to understand and follow traffic rules at all times.
This is obvious, but if this information is not put on a resume, employers tend to believe that the driver is careless. A careless driver does not get hired, that is for sure.
One popular skills phrase that a driver may use in his resume is, “Excellent understanding of the functionality of a motor vehicle.”
This may also seem like an obvious statement, but you will be surprised to know that many drivers do not do anything beyond actually driving a vehicle.
It is critical to supply all the information and skills that you possess as a driver when writing a resume because most drivers’ resumes are skills-based owing to the nature of the job.
Take a look at some resume skills phrases that a driver might need to put on his resume:
Sample Skills for a Driver Resume
- Demonstrated ability to drive both heavy and light vehicles following state issued guidelines.
- Able to follow the employer’s instructions precisely on specified routes.
- Known for demonstrating courtesy to passengers while they embark and disembark and while managing their luggage.
- Highly skilled in maintaining and cleaning the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- Profound ability to read the route maps and use the GPS effectively and efficiently.
- Hands-on experience in performing general maintenance work on all types of vehicles.
- In-depth knowledge of different parts of vehicles and their functioning.
- Excellent troubleshooting acumen in the event of a vehicle’s breakdown.
- Able to perform CPR and First Aid when needed.
- Great communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
Recommended: Driver Cover Letter