Skills phrases that truly make a difference in a Driver Resume are hard to come by – as everybody seems to be using the same one. While employers are familiar with most phrases that candidates use, they still welcome them as they portray a candidate’s skills as they are. It is true that all transportation jobs come with a certain level of responsibility but a driver’s job entails more responsibility than any other. Therefore, when someone is applying for a job as a driver, they may need to write some phrases that best describe their relevant skills.
A driver needs to be able to understand and follow traffic rules at all times. This may sound like a given and obvious statement but if this information is not put in a resume, employers tend to believe that the driver is careless. A careless driver does not get hired, that is for sure. One popular skills phrase that a driver may use in his resume is, “Excellent understanding of the functionality of a motor vehicle.” This may also seem like an obvious statement but you will be surprised to know that many drivers do not know anything beyond actually driving a vehicle. It is very important to supply all the information and skills that you posses as a driver when writing a resume because most drivers’ resumes are skills based owing to the nature of the job.
Take a look at some resume skills phrases that a driver might need to put in his resume:
• Demonstrated ability to drive both heavy and light vehicles following state issued guidelines
• Able to follow employer’s instructions precisely on specified routes
• Known for demonstrating courtesy to passengers while they embark and disembark and while managing their luggage
• Highly skilled in maintaining and cleaning interior and exterior of vehicle
• Profound ability to read the route maps and use the GPS effectively and efficiently
• Hands-on experience in performing general maintenance work on all types of vehicles
• In depth knowledge of different parts of vehicles and their functioning
• Excellent troubleshooting acumen in the event of a vehicle’s breakdown
• Able to perform CPR and First Aid when needed