How to Write a Parks Recreation Director Resume?
In order to develop an impressive parks recreation director resume, it is crucial to understand and determine the employer’s expectations of the position.
Keep the information you include in your resume short and to the point.
Avoid long sentences that look like paragraphs.
Choose a plain format and maintain the same formatting throughout the document.
Save the employer’s time by ignoring any irrelevant experience.
See also: Parks Recreation Director Cover Letter
The following is a sample parks recreation director resume for your guidance.
Parks Recreation Director Resume Example
75 Bentley Lane
Chicago, IL 98002
cody @ email . com
PARKS RECREATION DIRECTOR
Conscientious and methodical CPRP certified parks recreation director with a track record of directing spectacular park recreational facilities. Offering expertise in parks recreational development and management, along with 4+ years of hands-on experience in the field.
• Well versed in the park and recreational budgeting.
• Demonstrated ability to design, plan, and implement recreational park designs.
• Excellent researching skills, adept at maintaining effective business relationships with government personnel from the city council, planning, and zonal department.
• Skilled in designing and supervising park construction using graphic software.
• Well versed in developing, writing and presenting public facilitation agenda in light of recreational services being offered in the park.
• Remarkable communication and negotiation skills.
Director Parks Recreation
The Mountain Club, Chicago, IL | 2011 -present
• Design and review plans related to park development and construction.
• Develop strategies to maintain urban forestry, horticulture, park services, and recreational activities.
• Direct acquisition and operation of park recreation facilities.
• Coordinate park activities with city departments and outside agencies.
• Secured 12 acres additional space for the park extension through active negotiations with government officials.
• Initiated a couple of creative aging activities at the park which were also adopted by other parks.
Asst. Recreation Director
Friend’s Community, Chicago, IL | 2009 – 2011
• Oversaw park maintenance and ground operations
• Assisted in preparation of annual division budget
• Oversaw environmental programs of the park division
• Developed and implemented a special needs population based athletic program.
Bachelor of Science in Park Management
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL