There is a lot of evidence to show that good resumes are ones that are detailed, yet concise in what they have to say.
When you sit down to mull over writing the best resume a hiring manager has seen, the sane way of going about it is to maintain its relevance.
A little like what is done in the resume sample below:
Music Director Resume Example
6550 Broad Street, Newville, PA 67985
ame.gab @ email . com
Accomplished Music Director with a solid track record of effectively developing, coordinating and supervising music programs. Proven ability to lead orchestras, bands, choirs and symphonies in accordance with event details and requirements.
• Qualified to plan and produce special music concerts and workshops to meet the exact needs of each event
• Highly skilled in creating melodious musical compositions, in accordance with the requirements of events and clients
• Competent in handling auditions to determine new musical talent, and effectively cast performers in ensembles
• Demonstrated ability to direct the recording of performances, and handling rehearsal scheduling activities
|✓ Composition Creation||✓ Music Tracking/Mixing||✓ Events Coordination|
|✓ Tour Promotions||✓ Talent Acquisition||✓ Band Direction|
|✓ Lyrics Development||✓ Score Selection||✓ Performance Leads|
|✓ Performers Selection||✓ Musical Presentations||✓ Live Performances|
• Directed 3 concerts in one go, all of which were considered highly successful.
• Chosen as a judge for a local talent hunt for aspiring singers, owing to exceptional expertise in determining talented performers.
• Put together The Chorus Boys, a local band that acquired international fame due to their exceptional talent.
• Proved to be invaluable to a music production for a Pepsi advertisement, by providing insight and assistance during music tracking and mixing activities.
Radio One, Newville, PA | 9/2013 – Present
• Develop music compositions for events such as concerts, theater plays and religious congregations
• Confer with event managers and clients to determine the type and pace of music that they require
• Assist music producers in determining music requirements for plays and events by conferring with managers
• Select the right type of music according to the event, and ensure that all rights are obtained before it is used
• Select performers and soloists by delving deep into their musical talents and matching their abilities with event requirements
• Plan and schedule rehearsals and arrange details including locations and required instruments
• Create musical compositions and melodic lines to adapt them to particular bands
• Shape concert music by using predefined gestures to communicate tempo, phrasing and pitch of performances
The Roaring Theater, Newville, PA | 2/2009 – 9/2013
Assistant Music Director
• Assisted the music director in researching background scores for events, and securing rights to use them
• Provided support in composing music and writing lyrics for songs and musical pieces
• Set up musical instruments such as organs, keyboards, guitars and drums before each public performance
• Assisted in directing the flow and pitch of music by providing cues and keys to performers
• Auditioned and selected performers for musical presentations, based on their talents and experience
Newville Music School, Newville, PA – 2008
Bachelor’s Degree in Music