Writing blogs and articles are famous avenues to promote products and services. These avenues need the assistance of a content management system such as WordPress to make them successful.
WordPress developers design, develop, maintain, test, and implement WordPress themes and plugins for clients or companies.
They also incorporate existing HTML websites into WordPress to optimize a site for search engines. Since this is an emerging career, many people opt for learning WordPress management.
Job seekers may get ideas from the following resume sample when writing their resume for a WordPress developer position.
Related: WordPress Developer Cover Letter
Sample Resume for WordPress Developer Position
4920 Lone Elm Road, Olathe, KS 82011
Creative and dependable WordPress Developer with 11+ years of hands-on experience in building rich and interactive plugins and themes for WordPress. Comprehensive understanding of WordPress core software, database connectivity, and its functions. Hands-on experience in creating, extending, and customizing WordPress themes and plugins. In-depth knowledge of installing and configuring WordPress multisite.
- WordPress security best practices including XSS, CSURF, MySQL Injection, and Escaping
- Familiar with APIs and parsing JSON/XML
- Well versed in creating responsive web pages
- Expert in modern database development
• MySQL, PHP5
• HTML5, XHTML
• CSS3, AJAX
• JSON, XML
• Linux, Apache
- Modified an extremely complex website for a client which took 60 extra work hours.
- Cleaned abc1505.com from viruses within the one-day time limit.
- Trained new developers in utilizing front-end frameworks such as HTML Boilerplate and jQuery.
- Introduced new methods of WordPress hardening.
- Handled an extremely complicated project in conjunction with other developers and managed to complete it within the deadline.
- Obtained Primax as a client which is now considered the highest paying client of the company.
Jacob Tyler, Olathe, KS
2018 – Present
- Build and manipulate WordPress websites
- Edit and repurpose plugins under customers’ needs
- Write and extend WordPress plugins
- Perform quality assurance tests on all web projects
- Obtain estimates for programming and development needs
- Perform activities to optimize websites for search engine optimization
- Create social media sites that are interactive
FatCat Strategies – Olathe, KS
2007 – 2018
- Assisted in researching and writing posts to optimize products or services
- Oversee social media posts on different platforms for appropriate content
- Updated posts as appropriate and edited pages as instructed
- Gathered jpegs and took pictures to post on sites
- Handled link exchanges and content swaps
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
Kansas State University – Olathe, KS | 2002