A graphic designer resume is a snapshot of your skills, abilities, accomplishments, and relevant experiences.
Presenting yourself as an individual who is fully equipped with the required qualifications is crucial.
How to Write a Graphic Designer Resume?
Target your resume to cater to the particular needs of the prospective employer.
A one-size-fits-all resume is not a good option in today’s competitive job market- it significantly reduces the chances of being shortlisted.
Write a compelling and impressive performance summary at the top of your resume.
It is a short statement which highlights the most relevant aspects of your profile.
Below are 2 sample resumes for the graphic designer position.
See also: Graphic Designer Cover Letter
Graphic Designer Resume Sample 1
210 Wesley Ave, Beaverton, OR 56003
Committed to getting things done
Creative, versatile and multi-talented Graphic Designer with 8+ years’ solid track record of increasing client satisfaction by developing contemporary and state-of-the-art computerized graphic visuals. Strong expertise in presentation, design development, and layout enhancement. Competent at understanding the client’s requirements and grasping what needs to be done.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|• Web Designing|
• Digital Imaging
• Layout Review
• Adobe Suite
|• Interaction Layout|
• Concept Development
• Quark Xpress
|• Motion Graphics|
• Layout Enhancement
• Design Development
• Windows/Mac OSX
• Secured a marketing graphic consultancy project worth $50K for the company through the development of competitive layouts and digital plans and strong presentations of the same.
• Devised various culture-specific content for international campaigns with enhanced visual optimizations.
• Independently developed layout and design for 15+ promotional websites for various clients.
PHOTOCRAFT INC, Beaverton, OR | 2013-present
• Meet with clients, determine their needs and expectations and plan the project by actively participating in brainstorm sessions
• Develop thematic graphic content for marketing purposes as per client requirements
• Generate digital layouts using InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop to create aesthetically appealing visual content
• Take direction from managers and utilize design skills to create a vision.
• Iterate, revise and produce final art product
• Collaborate with team and stakeholders to develop individual concepts
• Work in a non-linear and prompt manner to create appealing designs
• Evangelize the current design industry trends and technologies
Assistant Graphic Designer
COMPASS GROUP, Beaverton, OR | 2010-2013
• Determined the size and arrangement of illustrative material for marketing purposes
• Developed logos, poster layouts and commercial content as instructed
• Expanded on alternative project layouts and forwarded the same for approval
• Designed images for web, tradeshows, events and social media
Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Designing
Orlando Technical College, Beaverton, OR | 2010
AIGA American Institute of Graphic Arts – Beaverton, OR
ISGD International Society for Graphic Designers – Beaverton, OR
“I am a self-motivated and independent, ready to take new graphics design challenges.”
Graphic Designer Resume Sample 2
32 Virginia Street, Atlanta, GA 43234
Creative and hardworking professional with 7+ years of dedicated experience in the graphic designing industry. Working knowledge of design principles, practices, and methods of digital art, production procedures, printing system, and industry terminology.
• Thorough understanding of repeats in Photoshop as well as Illustrator.
• Proven ability to predict the latest industry trends and able to translate them back into the bottom line.
• Extremely innovative individual: Able to produce extraordinary design and product innovation.
• Excellent communicator
• Able to fully understand design briefs.
• Multi-tasking to ensure customer requirements are met on time.
• Quark Xpress
• Acid Pro
GRAPHIC DESIGNING EXPERIENCE
International Greetings USA – Atlanta, GA | Feb 2015 – Present
• Expand the scope of traditional graphic designing at International Greetings USA by introducing new techniques
• Perform a wide variety of graphic design functions and tasks employing applications from the Adobe suite such as Illustrator, In-Design, Photoshop, and Acrobat)
• Create, plan, prepare, design and generate a wide variety of visual materials
• Design solo and multi-page, solo and multi-color publication layouts.
• Maintain an advanced trend review continually
Graphic Designer Assistant
Taylor Global Inc. – New York, NY | Jan 2013 – Feb 2015
• Assisted in creating the overall look of marketing campaigns
• Helped in developing general program concepts
• Designed and produced exclusive PowerPoint presentations
• Printed production of collateral to implement campaigns
• Coordinated with print vendors
B.S., Graphic Designing – 2009
City College of NY, New York, NY