The aesthetically placed advertisements that we see on television or on billboards and the beautiful designs we see on websites are all work of graphic designers who work diligently for hours to think of concepts and put their ideas forward.
Graphic designers work for many different types of companies and handle many kinds of design projects.
They analyze and create visual solutions for companies in a bid to help promote products and services.
Everybody cannot be a graphic designer; even if you have a keen interest in design, if you lack the eye for it, you will not be able to do it.
Working as a graphic designer will require you to possess a degree in design, along with some expertise in handling design software.
Graphic designers confer with their clients to figure out what each client’s particular graphic design needs are and then create possible visual solutions.
There are many different types of projects that graphic designers work on, including designing websites/games, promotional packages, logos, and magazine layouts.
Refer to the following list of duties to determine in detail what to write in a compelling resume for a graphic designer position:
Sample Job Duties for Graphic Designer Resume
• Create promotional displays such as hoardings, brochures, and packaging.
• Produce new ideas and concepts and introduce them to clients.
• Develop concepts and layouts for illustrations and websites.
• Prepare rough drafts of projects and take feedback from clients.
• Ensure that an array of ideas are recorded to provide a portfolio to new clients.
• Meet with marketing teams to determine goals and develop creative concepts to meet those goals.
• Discuss clients’ need for the visual presentation of products or services.
• Select an array of colors and images to show clients and assist them in choosing correct items for their projects.
• Discuss clients’ budget and provide them with information on what can be done within the set budget.
• Suggest print production, styles, formats, and time frames.
• Make changes to designs on instructions provided by clients.
• Liaise with printing companies to ensure that proper colors, fonts, and labels are used in each design project.
• Suggest the type of ink and paper that needs to be used for each design project to be printed.
• Ensure that all designs are interactive in a manner, especially banners and ads.
• Edit and enhance images to make sure that they comply with the design directives provided by the client.
• Proofread all content on designs before being sent off for printing.