A career in game designing can take you great places – as long as your resume is spot on.
Since this is the first step in obtaining a position, it is important to write a resume that the hiring manager can relate to.
Writing a video game designer resume will require you to have a complete grasp of the work.
Prior work experience and associated skills must be mentioned in a resume.
Any achievements that you have to show off must also make their way into the resume.
It is important to realize that the information provided in the resume is of great use to a hiring manager. Make it big.
See also: Video Game Designer Resume
A resume sample for a game designer position is provided below:
Game Designer Resume Example
100 Deep End Road, Wheeling, WV 19843
VIDEO GAME DESIGNER
Skilled and experienced video game designer, offering excellent proficiencies in determining new game ideas. Demonstrated ability to develop gameplay strategies, and experiment with themes and genres. Highly knowledgeable about developing characters, maps, and scenarios within different game platforms.
• Story Board Creation
• Design Development
• Market Research
• Game Modification
• Role Playing
• Quality Assurance
• Script Writing
• Narrative Features Creation
• Design Level
• Documentation Maintenance
• Implemented a unique way to test prototypes, as a result, decreased testing time by 75%.
• Singlehandedly created a storyboard for a game, now considered a best seller in the digital world.
• Increased game quality, through implementation of excellent quality control measures at every development step.
• Wrote a game script, eventually picked up by a director for a movie adaptation.
Electronic Arts, Wheeling, WV | 2015-present
• Determine client specifications for gameplay, and create initial documentation
• Devise storylines, missions, and puzzles which will be part of gameplay
• Create narrative features, and conduct design reviews
• Set game rules, and create games accordingly
• Develop props such as weapons and vehicles
• Determine the different ways in which each game can be played
• Handle user interface creation tasks
• Test games through mock screenshots
• Build characters according to the requirements of each game
• Make modifications and changes as and when deemed necessary
Associate Video Game Designer
Blizzard Entertainment, Wheeling, WV | 2012-2015
• Implemented new game content and wrote design specifications
• Communicated with players and ran user testing for new game features
• Collaborated with artists on creative direction for each game
• Managed game files in version control systems
• Determined affordable user flows for new features and game mechanics
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences
West Virginia State University, Wheeling, WV – 2012