On the surface, the work of a domestic engineer seems simple enough. How much work can housework be?
In actuality, housework dynamics can be quite tricky. In fact, they are often more tiring and challenging because one is working consistently.
If you are applying for a position, and the only experience that you have is that of a domestic engineer, you can write a resume that speaks volumes for you as an individual.
Stay-at-home parents accumulate a million skills. It is up to you how you place these in a resume.
Related: Domestic Engineer Cover Letter
A domestic engineer resume sample can be looked at here for reference purposes:
Sample Resume for Domestic Engineer Position
593 Bin Street, Santa Fe, NM43093
Organized, resourceful, and dependable individual, with a solid track record of handling cooking, cleaning, and grocery management duties. Excellent ability to oversee household finances, and extracurricular activities for children. Demonstrated ability to determine household inventory needs, and ensure procurement in a timely manner.
• Breakfast Preparation
• Grocery Shopping
• Budget Formulation
• Bills Management
• Laundry and House Cleaning
• Checkbook Balancing
• Deposits Tracking
• Repairs Scheduling
• Home Improvement
• School Liaison
• Coupons Management
• Appointments Handling
SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS AS A DOMESTIC ENGINEER
• Suggested implementation of a security system, as a result, decreased external threats.
• Timely repaired a leaky roof, hence, saved household members from imminent danger.
• Introduced a meal scheduling system, therefore, improved children’s eating habits.
• Successfully devised and implemented an extracurricular activities plan, consequently, increased their participation in school events.
*In-home*, Santa Fe, NM
• Create meal schedules and ensure all members abide by them
• Prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a timely manner
• Determine need for groceries and make a list of things to buy
• Shop for groceries while keeping household budgets in mind
• Ensure that bills are paid on time, whether in-person, or electronically
• Take children to school, doctors’ appointments, and extracurricular activities
• Oversee home repair and maintenance needs and ensure that they are fulfilled on time
• Check school bags to determine if any correspondence from the school has been issued
• Collect coupons in order to use them for shopping purposes
• Balance checkbooks at the end of each month
• Make and track bank deposits
Nannies Inc., Santa Fe, NM
• Looked after babies, infants, toddlers, and young children
• Provided meals to children in accordance with their schedules
• Changes diapers, and ensured appropriate disposing of soiled nappies
• Assisted with household chores such as cleaning and laundry
High School Diploma
Santa Fe High School, Santa Fe, NM – 2009