Dental Assistants work with professional dentists to provide them with chair-side and administrative support. They perform all kinds of work within a dental facility that will help the dentist to concentrate on their work.
Students, job seekers, or career changers seeking an entry-level dental assistant position will need to ensure that their resumes are attractive enough to be considered for this position.
How to Write a Resume for an Entry Level Dental Assistant?
- Start your resume with a strong and targeted dental assistant objective statement following with your major strengths.
- Mention your training, certifications, and education as well as your internship or honorary experiences.
- Make logical sections of your resume in order to make it more attractive.
- Include a dental assistant skills section and add relevant keywords in this section.
Below is an example of an entry-level dental assistant resume with no prior experience in hand.
Entry Level Dental Assistant Resume Sample (No Experience)
3345 Marion Street | Newport, RI 55343 | (000) 599-5005 | Email
To work for Dental Aesthetics as a Dental Assistant utilizing knowledge of 4- and 6-handed dentistry and corresponding skills in administrative work to effectively support the clinic’s mission.
• Demonstrative ability to anticipate dentist’s needs and fulfill them appropriately.
• Well versed in providing pre and post-procedural instructions to patients.
• Excellent knowledge of dental procedures and terminology.
• Familiar with sterilization procedures and maintaining hygienic conditions at all times.
• Adept at operating dental equipment and instruments.
• Bilingual – English and Spanish.
• Computer: MS Word, Excel Database, Dental Office Software.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Dental Assistant Certificate
CITY DENTAL COLLEGE, Newport, RI – 2020
CPR, BLS and Dental X-ray – 2019
Community School, Newport, RI – 2019
SAVA DENTAL, Newport, RI
May 2020 – Jul 2020
• Assisted dentists and registered dental assistants in all tasks.
• Prepared patients and equipment.
• Assisted preventive and prosthetic procedures.
• Sterilized and organized dental equipment.
• Maintained cleanliness of the office and dental area.
• Assisted in developing and processing of dental radiographs.
• Monitored radiation safety procedures and protocols.
• Outstanding patient service skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and time management acumen
• Detail oriented with the ability to multitask
• Member of the Spanish and French clubs
• Head of the student committee at school
• Junior ROTC
• Member of the church choir