A dental hygienist works in conjunction with a dentist to meet the oral needs of a patient. They primarily assess patients’ oral health conditions, perform head and neck examinations, and also take blood pressure and pulse.
There are many essential qualifications that a dental hygienist is expected to possess – as this is sensitive work. Going to a dentist is a great fear and the ability to make the patient comfortable is on top of the list of their qualifications. In fact, the qualifications of a dental hygienist are countless.
Take a look at some qualifications for dental hygienists. These phrases can be utilized to build a winning Dental Hygienist Resume.
Sample Qualifications for Dental Hygienist
- Possess a current state dental hygienist license
- Proven record of providing excellence in dental care
- In-depth knowledge of procedures and equipment used in dental work
- Well-versed in using different dental practice software
- Working knowledge of administering oral prophylaxis
- Demonstrated ability to perform radiographs to assess the patient’s mouth
- Competent in helping the dentist to remove calculus and plaque
- Able to provide counseling to patients about proper nutrition and healthy eating habits
- Talented in making impressions of the teeth to study diseases or fabricate oral aides
- Able to chart out individually based dental programs
- Well versed with dental health maintenance and infection control
- Proven ability to put patients at ease before starting an oral procedure
- A team-oriented individual who efficiently works with others to get the job done
- Possess a lot of patience and stamina to work in long shifts
- Profound ability to bend over a patient for a long time
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with patients and families
- Solid knowledge of dental terminology
- Computer: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint