Kroger is a retailing company – one of the largest in the USA – which was founded in the late 19th century, in Cincinnati, Ohio. One of the most common positions at the company is that of a customer service representative – an individual who provides direct services to customers, to ensure that their Kroger experience is perfect.
Typically, working as a customer service representative at Kroger requires you to possess the ability to handle many tasks at the same time, and understand the specifics of each department, including groceries, produce, deli, bakery, pet care, personal care, electronics, and home care.
As a Kroger customer service rep, you will be expected to provide high-quality services to customers, to ensure that they return for repeat business. Also, it will be your responsibility to make sure that any complaints or problems are resolved promptly so that they have no adverse effects on the customers or the company.
Here is a list of job duties that you will be performing in the role of a Kroger customer service representative:
Kroger Customer Service Duties & Responsibilities
• Greet customers as they arrive at the Kroger outlet, and provide them with information on available products and deals.
• Assist customers in locating their choices of products, by either leading them to the correct aisles or delivering the product to them.
• Provide customers with information on discounts and deals that the store may be offering, in a bid to encourage them to make purchases.
• Demonstrate product features and benefits to customers, aimed at helping them make informed purchasing decisions.
• Lead customers through the purchasing process, ensuring that payment processes are appropriately managed.
• Arrange for customers’ purchases to be appropriately bagged, and delivered to their vehicles.
• Provide customers with information on return and exchange policies, and process their returns and exchanges according to established procedures.
• Handle stocking activities, ensuring that stock items are brought in from storage areas, and placed on shelves, according to set protocols.
• Check shelves to determine low stock situations, and ensure supervisors are informed of them.
• Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of assigned work areas, to ensure a constantly tidy outlook.
To work as a customer service representative at Kroger, you have to possess a high school diploma or a GED equivalent at the very least. If you have had previous experience working in a retail establishment, your candidature will be given preference over others who have little or no experience.