Good resumes for a custodial maintenance worker position are written following a lot of research about the job and the company. Bad ones are written blindly, aiming in the dark for possible opportunities.
So what makes a custodial resume good or bad?
Lack of research and relevance is what makes a resume unappealing.
Hiring managers can easily find out if you haven’t paid attention to the resume writing process. And when they find out, the result is rejection.
When you research exactly what it is that the company is all about, you can write a pretty darn good resume.
The following is an example:
Custodial Maintenance Worker Resume Example
585 River Lane
Plymouth, MA 06321
• Top-performing custodial maintenance worker with 8+ years of experience in handling the cleanliness and maintenance needs of large complexes such as residential and commercial buildings and offices, placing particular focus on sanitation.
• Effectively able to sweep and mop various areas such as rooms, hallways, and lobbies.
• Deep insight into safely mixing and using cleaning and sanitizing chemicals by following set rules.
• Proficient in waxing and buffing floors using prescribed manual and electronic buffing machinery.
• Adept at performing preventative maintenance on cleaning equipment intending to keep them in working order at all times.
• Waste Disposal • Recycling
• Hazards Handling • Snow Removal
• Grounds-keeping • Laundry
• Stocks Inventory • Furniture Maintenance
• Cleaning Procedures • Safe Sanitation Practices
• Accident Prevention • Replenishment
MELWOOD, Plymouth, MA
(8/2018 – Present)
• Clean floors by sweeping and mopping.
• Vacuum carpets on a regular basis, and ensure that they are shampooed often.
• Wash and disinfect bathroom floors and counters using appropriately mixed cleaning solutions.
• Empty trash receptacles and ensure that garbage is appropriately disposed of.
• Replenish supplies such as toilet paper, soap, and towels in bathrooms.
• Strip and change linen and ensure that dirty or soiled linen is delivered to the laundry area.
• Clean kitchen floors and counters, paying particular attention to sanitation.
• Perform minor repair and maintenance work such as changing bulbs or performing small paint jobs.
• Clean mirrors and windows using specially mixed cleaning solutions.
• Sanitized an entire commercial building in one day following a COVID-19 scare.
• Reorganized the supplies inventory system, decreasing out-of-stock instances by 66%.
• Introduced a recycling procedure that minimized internal pollution by 55%.
• Devised a series of methods to effectively and efficiently dispose of hazardous materials, decreasing dangerous incidents within the premises.
THE RESIDENCE, Plymouth, MA
(2/2014 – 8/2018)
• Assisted in cleaning surfaces in lobbies, apartments, and offices by performing sweeping and mopping work.
• Mixed cleaning and sanitizing agents in appropriate quantities and ensured that they were properly disposed of once used.
• Replenished soap and toilet paper in bathrooms, and ensured that all linen was taken away for laundering.
• Placed garbage bags in receptacles, and ensured that they were timely picked up.
• Wash and disinfect bathrooms, including fixtures and hand dryers.
High School Diploma
KENWOOD HIGH SCHOOL, Plymouth, MA – 2009