Anywhere you apply, or whatever position that you apply for will require you to possess skills. Skills are a given when it comes to jobs. If you do not mention your skills in your resume, you risk being set back tremendously.
Everyone has some skills to boast of – no one is without skills, which is why a resume that does not host skills is a bit difficult to comprehend by hiring managers. The rule is simple – if you have it, flaunt it.
No hiring manager will judge you because you were trying to prove to him or her that you are a great person to hire for a job. In fact, they need to know that you are an excellent contender to hire so that the decision to hire you becomes easy.
Skills information is a bit difficult to elicit though. Where your resume is concerned, you cannot take any risks. You have to make sure that it hosts a skills section so that the hiring manager can pick you up from the lot, and hire you immediately.
How does one write skills statements that say a lot about you?
It is simple. Make a list of all the things that you are capable of doing, and put them in a list form. Here are some examples for skills statements for a custodial worker position:
Sample Hard Skills Statements for Custodial Worker Resume
• Highly experienced in sweeping, mopping, and waxing floors, with special emphasis on the safety of people.
• Exceptionally well-versed in dusting woodwork and furniture, and performing polishing and waxing work.
• Deep familiarity with cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and restrooms, ensuring appropriate and safe mixes of cleaning agents.
• Demonstrated expertise in maintaining cleanliness and sanitization of swimming pools by checking temperature and chlorine levels.
• Effectively able to make minor repairs to electrical fixtures, furniture, windows, and shades.
• Proficient in handling both routine and preventative maintenance tasks, related to building operating systems.
• Adept at performing groundskeeping activities, including clearing snow, mowing lawns, and raking leaves.
• Proven ability to collect trash from receptacles and bins, and ensure that it is properly disposed of.
• Track record of effectively performing sanitary inspections in designated areas, for the purpose of infection control.
• Competent in creating and maintaining effective liaison with vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
• Qualified to make adjustments to HVAC systems, and ensure that they are kept running constantly.
• Skilled in cleaning chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, by making efficient use of hand and power tools.