Going through several resumes each day, hiring managers often get so tired of seeing the same formats and information over and over again that a standout resume is a breath of fresh air for them!
You can be responsible for this respite by basing your resume on the following sample:
Church Custodian Resume Example
martinle @ email . com
Highly organized and committed Church Custodian with 8 years of extensive experience in cleaning and maintenance of church from both inside and outside. Proficient in ensuring that the outlook of the church is kept in pristine condition at all times.
Thoroughly cleans pews, alters, restrooms, and entrances, by following set standards. Ability to sanitize and maintain assigned areas, paying special attention to standard procedures and protocols. Special talent for setting up church facilities during events such as weddings, Christmas and Easter.
|• Event Support||• Cleaning/Disinfection||• Lawn Maintenance|
|• Sanitizing||• Building Security||• Operations Assistance|
|• Supplies Oversight||• Inventory Management||• Chemical Handling|
|• Church Repairs||• Requisitioning||• Stocking|
• Devised a novel system of replenishment, resulting in increased efficiency in handling replenishment activities.
• Cleaned up after 4 events on the same day on a particularly busy day at the church.
• Implemented a building security system which provided 60% more security than the one already in place.
• Trained other custodians in handling chemicals properly and safely, as part of their induction.
Harvest Time Church, Tacoma, WA | 8/2011 – Present
• Clean all church areas by performing sweeping and mopping activities on floors.
• Dust church furniture including pews and alters, and ensure that they are polished on a regular basis.
• Ascertain that church restrooms and sitting areas are adequately washed and sanitized.
• Replenish supplies such as paper towels and soap in restrooms.
• Collect trash from different areas of the church, ensuring that all collected trash is properly disposed of.
• Assist gardeners with their work by picking up raked leaves and throwing away trash.
• Replace broken or burnt out light fixtures, and ensure that any serious repair needs are communicated to the church manager.
• Provide support for events such as weddings and funerals, by ensuring that proper cleaning and maintenance activities are carried out.
United Methodist Church, Tacoma, WA | 2/2009 – 8/2011
• Swept surfaces within the church, including aisles and alters.
• Ascertained that all areas were sanitized and cleaned as per instructions.
• Assisted in maintaining supplies inventory, and communicated low stock situations to the manager.
• Assisted church members in finding places within pews, and ensured that they were comfortably seated.
• Provided support to members by informing them of upcoming church events and their details.
Tacoma High School, Tacoma, WA – 2009
High School Diploma
Last updated on