A Summer Camp Counselor resume is a powerful document that has the potential to lead us through the rigors of the job application process. It is often the only tool we have, and if we want to win, we need to use it in a productive manner.
This means that a summer camp counselor resume should never be “ordinary”. It has to be out there and possess the potential to make the readers want to meet the person who has written it.
Resumes written for positions of ultimate authority need to be written with even more care than others, owing to the nature of the work involved. Where a lot of responsibilities are involved, recruiters tend to be extra careful of who they hire.
The following resume example is written for a summer camp counselor position for you to take ideas from:
See also: Summer Camp Counselor Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Summer Camp Counselor
283 Gatlin Street, Okolona, MS 78824
liamgere @ email . com
Summer Camp Counselor
Highly motivated summer camp counselor with a high-energy background in providing a nurturing, safe, and fun learning environment for camp members. Highly flexible, punctual, and honest with the ability to stay focused in stressful situations. Demonstrated ability to supervise campers on field trips in the wilderness with a special focus on mixing education and entertainment.
• Documented success in planning age-appropriate activities for camp members, keeping individual interests in mind.
• Well-versed in balancing new and existing projects by incorporating new modules and upgrading current ones.
• Familiarity with planning all activities by keeping within prescribed summer camp budgets.
• Arts and crafts • Camping
• Trekking • Creativity
• Safety and wellness • Leadership
• Organization • Communication
• Team-building • Special needs management
• Fostered a healthy environment by creating and implementing a “no bullying” set of rules.
• Introduced arts and crafts as part of the otherwise all sports summer camps.
• Increased camp members from 1500 to 2200 by introducing additional activities, including trekking, hiking, and kayaking.
• Headed the summer camp team that won the Film and Photography competition held at the 6th Summit in 2018.
Summer Camp Counselor
Bright Horizons, Okolona, MS
• Assess the recreational needs of 50+ camp members
• Plan age-appropriate activities and educational programs for registered camp members
• Organize a weekly schedule for members and ensure that the schedule is followed appropriately
• Organize a variety of activities each day such as trekking, boating, arts and crafts, and swimming
• Identify members’ behavioral issues and attempt to address them immediately so that work activities are not disrupted
• Supervise and assist instructors in actively participating in all aspects of the camp’s activities
• Keep the camping site clean, and free of debris and hazardous materials
• Lead activities such as nature walks, boating and family nights
• Maintain an understanding of handling emergency situations and respond appropriately in case of emergencies
• Assist junior counselors in understanding leadership and developing counseling skills
• Maintain accurate program records such as incident reports, logbooks and daily attendance
Children of America, Okolona, MS
• Worked at 5+ campsites and ensured their cleanliness
• Assisted in setting up and tearing down camping activities
• Handled the logistics of summer camps such as coordinating activities including nature walks, hikes, treks and arts, and crafts
• Supervised camp members during camping activities and ensured that any behavioral issues were addressed immediately
• Assisted in creating and maintaining member records and logs including attendance and progress reports
High School Diploma
Okolona High School, Okolona, MS – 2009