In today’s highly spirited job market, building a winning resume is a very challenging and tedious task.
A typical resume for a Safety Coordinator position consists of few basic components; an objective or summary/profile of the candidate followed by highlights of the candidate’s qualifications.
The main section of any resume is a professional summary or work experience, followed by skills and accomplishments. A separate section for technical skills or personal strengths might or might not be added depending on the nature of the position.
Following is a safety coordinator resume sample for your review. Use this example to build a job-winning resume.
Safety Coordinator Resume Example
633 Masco Ave | Barrington, NJ 12541
Resourceful and extroverted safety professional with 8-plus-years of hands-on experience in safety coordination. Expert in occupational safety and emergency management. Well versed in handling employee compensation claims and supervising risk analysis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERTISE
• Proficient in facility monitoring and implementation of OSHA employee safety guidelines
• Demonstrated ability to manage care operations, insurance underwriting, and claim forwarding
• Expertise in the filing, handling, and processing employee claims
• Thorough knowledge of industrial hygiene standards
• Well familiar with OSHA regulatory authorities
• Adept at designing and implementing viable precautionary programs based on risk analysis
• Committed to the establishment, implementation, and promotion of state-approved occupational policies and guidelines
• Occupational Risk Analysis
• Construction Safety
• Employee Claim Processing
• Certified Fire Fighter and CPR Trained
• Forklift Certified
Safety Coordinator | Nov 2014 – Present
Preferred Sands, Barrington, NJ
• Conduct risk analysis and issue safe work method statements regularly
• Monitor and supervise standard operation procedures at the premises
• Conduct monthly employee safety audits, issue audit reports and make necessary changes in the standard procedures
• Carry out safety inspections and incident investigations
• Conceived and implemented a unique weekly risk analysis mechanism that reduced accident rate by 10%
• Trained 25 employees regarding the implementation of OSHA regulatory authority guidelines
• Led the company in achieving monthly OH&S targets consistently via ensuring implementation of best employee safety practices
Safety Intern | January 2013 – Nov 2014
Woodlands Resort, Barrington, NJ
• Provided safety guidance for operations and personnel at the resort
• Forwarded and processed employee claims
• Anticipated safety hazards via extensive surveying and took precautionary measures accordingly
• Supervised safety management at the environmental laboratory department
Associate degree in Risk Management
Barrington College, NJ | 2008