Pizza is many people’s favorite fast food. And cooks who make the perfect pizza are in high demand nowadays.
However, a pizza cook has to be exceptionally talented in making pizza the right way. And these skills need to be mentioned on both the resume and the cover letter when applying for the job.
Specifically, your knowledge of creating pizza dough, using the right quantity of ingredients must be highlighted.
And you should also tell the hiring manager that you comprehend the way different pizza toppings are prepared and placed on pizza dough.
Knowledge of baking timelines and the ability to churn out delicious pizzas that meet standards must also be highlighted.
One thing that you must realize is that the way in which you word or phrase your skills statements will make a great impact on the hiring manager. An obvious skills statement won’t do you any favors. One that is relevant to your role as a pizza cook will.
Sample Skills for Pizza Cook Resume
• Unmatched ability to determine the right quantities of raw materials for making pizza.
• Expert in following set recipes in order to make pizzas and other Italian dishes according to standards.
• Effectively able to bake a wide array of pizza doughs, such as thin crust, stuffed crust, and deep dish pan.
• Demonstrated expertise in making fresh tomato base for all pizzas.
• Highly skilled in washing and chopping, cubing, and slicing meats and vegetables to place on pizzas.
• Exceptionally talented in grilling meats, such as chicken, ham, beef, and turkey.
• Deeply familiar with making and baking less traditional pizzas using gluten-free and vegan ingredients.
• Well-versed in preparing and making appetizers such as cheese sticks, garlic bread, and pizza bites.
• Ability to follow set standards for pizza baking times and heat.
• Extensive knowledge of ensuring that all pizza orders are delivered in a timely manner.
• Proficient in managing food order slips, and ensuring that the right pizzas are delivered to customers.
• Adept at packing pizza and other items in an appropriate manner.
• Proven ability to ensure proper sanitization of all kitchen areas.
• Solid track record of effectively handling food rotation tasks.
• Qualified to perform preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen equipment such as ovens, cooking ranges, and grills.
• Competent in monitoring inventory levels, and maintaining relationships with vendors in order to ensure timely deliveries.