In a constantly changing work environment, possessing the right skills are essential to meet the challenges of restaurant cook everyday work.
Whether they are solid job-related skills (hard skills) or non-tangible life skills (soft skills), both sets hold a lot of importance.
Knowing what skills you have, takes you a step further in emphasizing them when writing a resume. Always remember that getting hired is more than just having a perfect cover letter or resume – what happens after you are hired is what needs to be focused on here.
Since the resume is where it all begins, placing a list of skills in your resume is imperative.
The impression that we make creates a significant impact on how we are perceived.
Writing your skills in your resume is what will take you to new heights in the employment world. A prospective employer knows nothing about your ability to do anything in a professional world – cut him some slack and make things easy for them.
And here is how we can guide you – by providing you with examples on how to create sentences to emphasize your job-related skills:
See also: Restaurant Cook Cover Letter
Sample Skills for Restaurant Cook Resume
1. Highly skilled in inspecting food preparation duties to ensure that they conform to the specific instruction provided.
2. Proven record of efficiently observing and testing food items to ensure that they have been cooked according to set recipes.
3. Demonstrated expertise in creating recipes and menus according to the specific tastes of different clientele.
4. Skilled in weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes and by employing personal judgment.
5. Deeply familiar with operating kitchen equipment such as grills, ovens, and fryers to handle cooking and baking activities.
6. Proficient in portioning food items according to restaurant standards and arranging them on plates and platters in a visually pleasing manner.
7. Adept at determining estimated expected food consumption and requisitioning supplies in a time-efficient way.
8. Effectively able to monitor sanitation practices by ensuring that the kitchen areas are kept clean and clean and that waste management practices are followed.
9. Focused on coordinating food orders efficiently, aimed at supporting the timely and efficient delivery of food items to each table.
10. Known to complying with all health and safety requirements including the use of personal protective equipment.
Sample Soft Skills for Restaurant Cook
- Customer service
- Excel in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of food safety requirements
- Able to perform tasks safely within prescribed time limits
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with others
Restaurant Cook Qualifiactions
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Some kitchen experience
- Safe food handling course or certificate
- Excellent knife handling skills
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Smart Serve Certified
- WHMIS trained