Are you a prep cook? Looking for a resume that you can use to apply for a job?
Well, there are many things that you will need to keep in mind before you start writing.
You will need to highlight the work experience and skills sections with a lot of care. But before you do that, you need to think about the core responsibilities and skills needed for this position.
Let us see what a prep cook does. This is an important position where an individual is required to perform support duties in a kitchen. It may include preparing food for cooking, preparing and fixing menu items as directed, setting up workstations and helping with food inventory and supplies management.
Prep cooks usually work in settings, where there are a wide variety and quantity of food to be prepared such as hotels and restaurants. At times, prep cooks are also expected to cook along with the chef or in place of.
The following is a resume sample for this position outlines a prep cook’s responsibilities and skills which a prospective employer would want to see them.
Related: Prep Cook Cover Letter
Prep Cook Resume Example
389 Spring Creek Drive ● Benton, AR 63002
Residence: (999) 999-9999 ● Cell: (010) 000-1110 ● Email:
❖❖ Prep Cook ❖❖
Over 11 years of food service experience with one of the finest hotel chains in the country. Demonstrated proficiency in preparing and serving delicious and appetizing food compliant with predefined portion control procedures, standardized recipes, and special diet needs. Able to evaluate needs, processes and overall performance and recommend improvements. Exceptional skills in food preparation and slicing equipment. Well versed with protocols for safe and sanitary preparation of food items. Hands on experience in preparing a multitude of oriental and Far East dishes.
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proven ability to follow recipes effectively
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Able to work in a high paced environment
• Capable of standing for long periods of time
HYATT, Benton, AR | 2011 – Present
• Chop vegetables and fruits for cooking
• Make salads and put together entrees
• Prepare meat for cooking by slicing and cutting appropriately
• Prepare ingredients as instructed
• Ensure ovens and stoves are clean and ready for use
• Clean kitchen counters and other work areas
• Wash dishes and cooking utensils
• Received a letter of appreciation from the CEO for organizing luncheon attended by nobles with less than 12-hour notice
• Planned, coordinated and executed breakfast, lunch, dinner for huge events
• Established changes in traditional process to alter staff mindset from reactive to proactive
MARRIOTT, Benton, AR | 2010 – 2011
• Cleaned and mopped the kitchen floor
• Washed dishes and maintained equipment
• Cleaned counters and took out the trash
• Assisted in food preparation when instructed
• Cleaned the food supplies area
Associate’s Degree, Culinary Arts
CITY TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Benton, AR – 2009
Last updated on