Are you a prep cook who is looking for a perfect prep cook resume? Well, there are many things that you will need to keep in mind before you start writing.
First of all. you will need to highlight the work experience and skills sections with a lot of care. But before you do that, you need to think about the core responsibilities and skills needed for this position.
Let us see what a prep cook does. This is an important position where an individual is required to perform support duties in a kitchen. These duties include:
- Preparing food for cooking
- Preparing and fixing menu items as directed
- Setting up workstations
- Helping with food inventory and supplies management
Prep cooks usually work in busy settings where there are a wide variety and quantity of food to be prepared such as hotels and restaurants. At times, prep cooks are also expected to cook along with the chef or in place of.
The following is a resume sample for this position that outlines a prep cook’s responsibilities and skills that a prospective employer would want to see them.
Sample Resume for Prep Cook
389 Some Creek Drive, Benton, AR 63002
❖❖ Prep Cook ❖❖
Passionate Prep Cook with over 9 years of food preparation and kitchen assisting service experience. Demonstrated proficiency in preparing and serving delicious and appetizing food compliant with predefined portion control procedures, standardized recipes, and special diet needs.
• Able to evaluate needs, processes, and overall performance and recommend improvements.
• Exceptional skills in using food preparation and slicing equipment.
• Well versed with protocols for safe and sanitary preparation of food items.
• Hands-on experience in preparing a multitude of oriental and Far East cuisines.
HYATT, Benton, AR | 2011 – Present
• Chop vegetables and fruits for cooking
• Make salads and put together entrees
• Prepare meat for cooking by slicing and cutting appropriately
• Prepare ingredients as instructed
• Ensure ovens and stoves are clean and ready for use
• Clean kitchen counters and other work areas
• Wash dishes and cooking utensils
• Received appreciation from the Manager for the cleanliness of workstation
• Planned, coordinated and executed breakfast, lunch, dinner for huge events
• Established changes in traditional process to alter staff mindset from reactive to proactive
MARRIOTT, Benton, AR | 2010 – 2011
• Cleaned and mopped the kitchen floor
• Washed dishes and maintained equipment
• Cleaned counters and took out the trash
• Assisted in food preparation when instructed
• Cleaned the food supplies area
Associate’s Degree, Culinary Arts
CITY TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Benton, AR – 2009
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proven ability to follow recipes effectively
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Able to work in a high paced environment
• Capable of standing for long periods of time
Related: Prep Cook Cover Letter