A cover letter is an integral part of a window installer job application set. Almost all hiring managers ask for one along with the applicant’s resume. It is a golden opportunity to gain a favorable first impression on prospective employers. Career experts recommend that a well-tailored cover letter must always be sent along with every job application.
Ideally, a cover letter is one page long document and its purpose is to introduce your candidacy in light of a windows installer position in a personalized manner. To be effective, your cover letter must:
• Indicate your familiarity with the company
• Demonstrate the particular traits that uniquely qualify you for the job
• Stimulate interest of the reader and motivate them to read your accompanying resume as well
• Direct the reader’s attention towards your transferable skills and relevant professional achievements.
66 Davis Lane
Baltimore, MD 67455
aidan . gale @ email . com
February 15, 2016
Mr. Nelson Gilbert
83 Everest Lane
Baltimore, MD 67455
Dear Mr. Gilbert:
Your job advertisement for a Window Installer calls for the skills and experience I have gained trough my 5 years’ hands-on experience in construction arena.
I would like to highlight some of my professional strengths:
• Expert in installing windows into rough openings, utilizing leveling frames and supports
• Particularly effective in adjusting aluminum frames and trimming glass for final fitting
• Special talent for installing pocket windows with exceptionally neat finish
• Demonstrated expertise in vinyl replacement and glass weatherproofing
• Proficient in maintaining all work tools and equipment in a neat and clean condition and driving the company vehicle to work locations in a safe and timely manner
• Knowledge of OSHA work safety related guidelines
Furthermore, I have first-hand experience in all types of window installation, glass fittings and vinyl layering. Being a strong team player with excellent numeracy skills and expertise to interpret and follow building plans and blueprints with accuracy, I am certain that I can make a valuable contribution to Express Builders.
My detailed resume is also enclosed with this letter for your review. I look forward to meeting with you in an interview, so that I can discuss my talents and your needs in detail. Please feel free to communicate a suitable interview date and time on (005) 444-3333.
Thank you for your time and consideration.