The skills section is an integral part of a roofer resume. Skills can be divided and organized into categories or can be simply arranged in order of priority in short bullet points. Bullet skills section helps in optimizing your resume and makes it easy for the reader to identify what they are looking for.
• Write your skills in an impactful manner by using powerful action words.
• Be as specific as possible to give the reader a clear idea about what you are offering.
• Carefully read the job advertisement and align your skills with the employer’s needs.
• Particularly effective in roofing, repairing, re-roofing and insulating pre-installed roofs for commercial projects in a timely, organized and team oriented manner
• Specialized expertise in EPDM, TPO, PVC and shingling
• Skilled in carrying out maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical and other physical structures
• Well-versed in painting of structures, performing carpentry work, repairing plumbing fixtures and woodwork
• Excellent physical stamina, ability to climb a ladder, bend, stoop and work in confined spaces
• Special talent for metal roofing construction including flashing, wall panels, fascia and soffit
• Apt at using various tools needed for cutting hammering and fastening roofing materials
• Track record of completing projects in strict accordance with job specifications, project layout and applicable safety guidelines
• Profound skills in installation of low sloped roof systems including TPO, BUR and bitumen
• Proficient in carrying-out general roof repairs, exterior siding adjustments and HVAC installation repairs
• Particularly effective in removal and installation of all types of commercial roof systems including slate, tile and asphalt
• Well practiced in covering roofs with topping material including sheets, PVC and spray foam
• Adept at utilizing manual and electric tools and maintaining the same in a functional order
• Efficient in laying and adhering insulation with metal fasteners or binding adhesives
• Expert in cutting stripes of flashing and fitting into angles formed by walls, vents and intersecting roof surfaces
• Firsthand experience in carrying out regular preventive maintenance of pre-installed roofing systems
• Substantial knowledge of various roofing systems and associated installation protocols
• Familiar with OSHA workplace safety guidelines
• Excellent listening skills with profound ability to follow verbal and written instructions to book
• Great attention to detail with proven skills in interpreting and implementing given drawings and blueprints with accuracy
• Strong numeracy skills, apt at generating accurate cost estimations for given projects
Last updated on