No one can deny the fact that skills are essential to us working flawlessly in a Journeyman Carpenter position. The fact that no one hires an applicant who is not skilled is enough to make us think twice before we apply for a Journeyman Carpenter position.
Usually, the person who goes through your resume doesn’t know you personally and has no way of finding out if you are skilled in a certain area or not. He will only know if you tell him. And what better way to get this information across than a resume?
Yes, resume writing means much more than strategically placing your work experience and education. There are lots of other short snippets into your work-related personality that the employer is interested in.
While they are usually considered optional sections, they are in actuality as important as the big ones. And the most important one of them is the skills section.
There is a lot that you can use in the skills section. For starters, all statements in the skills section must denote that you are a go-getter and can work relentlessly. Additionally, you need to come across as someone who knows exactly what the job is all about and how well you know how to handle each duty entrusted to you.
Here is how you can do this:
Sample Skills for Journeyman Carpenter Resume
• Hands-on experience in determining carpentry project details and requirements by interviewing customers.
• Highly skilled in reading and understanding blueprints and drawings to determine the type of project and related dimensions.
• Well-versed in constructing and maintaining structural and architectural woodwork and performing related maintenance and repair activities.
• Able to operate woodwork machinery such as lathes, saws, and sanders in addition to using hand saws and caulking devices.
• Competent in repairing the furniture, windows, floors, and other structural and architectural woodwork.
• Effectively able to install and repair hardware including hinges, lock units, and Venetian blinds.
• Proven ability to inspect, repair, and maintain roofs, gutters, and porches along with performing winter month maintenance to prevent snow and ice damage.
• Track record of efficiently setting up, adjusting, and maintaining carpentry equipment and hand and power tools.
• Focused on handling carpentry finishing work by ensuring that appropriate buffing and finishing activities are performed.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain an inventory of tools and equipment and create and maintain effective liaisons with suppliers and vendors.