As an applicant for any job, the resume writing part gives us the most challenge.
The problem isn’t usually the fact that we haven’t written a resume before. The problem is mostly the inability to decide what needs to go into a resume. Thankfully, this can be fixed. If you are in such a situation, you will be happy to know that resume writing is not as hard as it looks.
How to Write a Good Resume for Journeyman Carpenter Position?
In order to write a compelling resume for a journeyman carpenter position, you have to read and reread the advertisement and Journeyman Carpenter job description. That will give you a lot of information on how to place information in your resume – more important what information to put in.
What follows is a resume sample that you can use for a Journeyman Carpenter position:
Sample Resume for Journeyman Carpenter Position
7002 Oakland Street, Rapid City, SD 57785
harrfjord @email .com
Driven Journeyman Carpenter with carpenter apprenticeship spanning over 13 months and experience in handling all construction phases by ensuring that all materials and supplies are constantly available, and to assist with carpentry processes, for both exteriors and interiors.
• Deeply familiar with constructing and maintaining structural and architectural woodwork and fixtures and performing masonry repairs
• Effectively able to operate power woodworking machineries such as lathes, saws, and sanders to perform trade functions
• Exceptional ability to perform rough and finished carpentry such as building millwork and constructing casework
• Demonstrated expertise in repairing furniture, windows, floors, and structures by handling squaring, fitting, sanding, and nailing activities
• Woodworking Tools
• Structural Repair
• Cabinet Fabrications
• Frame Installation
• Jambs Setting
• Shop Drawings Deciphering
• Component Assembly
• Ice Damage Prevention
MTEQ, Rapid City, SD
(6/2019 – 1/2021)
• Built and repaired wooden structures, ceilings, walls, steps, and drywalls by using specific tools of the trade
• Maintained and repaired door locks and doors to ensure a safe environment for residents
• Planned and laid out work from blueprints, drawings and models by using a variety of hand and power tools
• Made standard shop computations in relation to dimensions of work and selected materials necessary for work
• Created and maintained effective liaison with suppliers of wood and other materials to ensure timely and accurate delivery
High School Diploma
Rapid City High School, Rapid City, SD