As an applicant for any job, the resume writing part gives us the most challenge.
The problem isn’t usually the fact that we haven’t written a resume before. The problem is mostly the inability to decide what needs to go into a resume. Thankfully, this can be fixed.
If you are in such a situation, you will be happy to know that resume writing is not as hard as it looks.
How to Write a Good Resume for Journeyman Carpenter Position?
In order to write a compelling resume for a journeyman carpenter position, you have to read and reread the advertisement and Journeyman Carpenter job description. That will give you a lot of information on how to place information in your resume – more important what information to put in.
What follows is a resume sample that you can use for a Journeyman Carpenter position:
Sample Resume for Journeyman Carpenter Position
7002 Oakland Street
Rapid City, SD 57785
harrfjord @email .com
Driven Journeyman Carpenter with hands-on experience in handling all construction phases. Able to ensure that all materials and supplies are constantly available, and assist with carpentry processes, for both exteriors and interiors.
• Deeply familiar with constructing and maintaining structural and architectural woodwork and fixtures and performing masonry repairs
• Effectively able to operate power woodworking machinery such as lathes, saws, and sanders to perform trade functions
• Exceptional ability to perform rough and finished carpentry such as building millwork and constructing casework
• Demonstrated expertise in repairing furniture, windows, floors, and structures by handling squaring, fitting, sanding, and nailing activities
• Woodworking Tools • Structural Repair
• Cabinet Fabrications • Frame Installation
• Jambs Setting • Shop Drawings Deciphering
• Renovation • Component Assembly
• Ice Damage Prevention
MTEQ, Rapid City, SD
(6/2019 – 12/2022)
• Built and repaired wooden structures, ceilings, walls, steps, and drywalls by using specific tools of the trade
• Maintained and repaired door locks and doors to ensure a safe environment for residents
• Planned and laid out work from blueprints, drawings and models by using a variety of hand and power tools
• Made standard shop computations in relation to dimensions of work and selected materials necessary for work
• Created and maintained effective liaisons with suppliers of wood and other materials to ensure timely and accurate delivery
High School Diploma
Rapid City High School, Rapid City, SD