As a first time applicant for any job, the resume writing part gives us the most challenge. The problem isn’t usually the fact that we haven’t written a resume before. The problem is mostly the inability to decide what needs to go into a resume. Thankfully, this can be fixed. If you are in such a situation, you will be happy to know that first time resume writing is not as hard as it looks.
True, you may not know exactly how to proceed but there are unimaginable resources out there that will help you. Just make sure that you do not pick up the wrong ones! Need solid advice? Here you go! First things first – never write anything that you are not sure about. If you are clueless about what the employer wants, do not bother beginning your resume before researching. How will you find out? Read and reread the newspaper advertisement that you are responding to. That alone will give you a lot of information on how to place information in your resume – more important what information to put in.
What follows is a resume sample that you can use for an entry level position:
7002 Oakland Street ● Rapid City, SD 57785 ● (000) 142-1421 ● harrfjord @email .com
Summary: Driven Journeyman Carpenter who has recently completed a carpenter apprenticeship spanning 13 months. Highly experienced in handling all construction phases by ensuring that all materials and supplies are constantly available, and to assist with carpentry processes, for both exteriors and interiors.
• Deeply familiar with constructing and maintaining structural and architectural woodwork and fixtures and performing masonry repairs
• Effectively able to operate power woodworking machinery such as lathes, saws and sanders to perform trade functions
• Exceptional ability to perform rough and finished carpentry such as building millwork and constructing casework
• Demonstrated expertise in repairing furniture, windows, floors and structures by handling squaring, fitting, sanding and nailing activities
|• Woodworking Tools||• Structural Repair||• Cabinet Fabrications|
|• Frame Installation||• Jambs Setting||• Shop Drawings Deciphering|
|• Renovation||• Component Assembly||• Ice Damage Prevention|
MTEQ, Rapid City, SD (6/2015 to 12/2015)
• Built and repaired wooden structures, ceilings, walls, steps and drywalls by using specific tools of the trade
• Maintained and repaired door locks and doors to ensure a safe environments for residents
• Planned and laid out work from blueprints, drawings and models by using a variety of hand and power tools
• Made standard shop computations in relation to dimensions of work and selected materials necessary for work
• Created and maintained effective liaison with suppliers of wood and other materials to ensure timely and accurate delivery
Rapid City High School, Rapid City, SD – 2015
High School Diploma