A resume for the Construction Estimator position is your first formal introduction to the prospective employer; first impressions are formed on the basis of resumes that the employer view.
Candidates naturally put great effort to ensure that this first impression is a highly positive and lasting one in order to help their credentials stand out from other applicants.
Resumes for the construction estimator position must reflect the image of an analytical, organized, and learned candidate, having good mathematical skills, knowledge of cost estimation as per state policies, and the ability to evaluate construction plans.
To build such a type of resume, it is advisable to review the following sample.
Sample Resume for Construction Estimator Position
311 Derek Drive
Stone Creek, OH 43849
r.smilth @ email . com
Dependable and self-motivated professional with 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in the construction estimation field. Accurately identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, specifications, construction plans, and associated documents. Thorough understanding of fundamental construction principles.
• Well-versed in obtaining bids from suppliers and negotiating prices
• Highly skilled in calculating cost factors and preparing estimates
• Adept at conducting individual studies to develop and establish related cost data
• Familiar with state-issued construction and costing principles and policies
• In-depth knowledge of foundation and structural systems involving various materials
• Proficient in MS Office and cost estimation software including MC 2
ALG Manufacturers, Ashville, OH
Apr 2015 – Jun 2023
• Managed estimation and construction of multiple projects including schools, private villas, and commercial plazas
• Studied analyzed and revised designs received from other departments and performed cost analysis on each of the designs
• Ensured cost-effectiveness of the project while allowing high-quality construction
• Dealt with local contractors and construction officials representing the government regarding the procurement of goods, design approval, and construction authorization
• Supervised a team of employees and ensured the implementation of the construction plan
• Conducted site visits; provided informed advice and recommendations to the company regarding site viability
• Formulated bids and attended bidding activities
Turner Construction Company, Denver, CO
May 2012 – Dec 2015
• Devised the budget plan for the whole project based on prevailing and forecasted material costs and other applicable factors
• Coordinated with subcontractors and construction business officials when needed
• Updated and maintained the contractor bid lists for securing beneficial bids
• Ensured flow of project implementation and documented all necessary estimations for the project
• Supervised and mentored a staff of 20-plus employees involved in the project
• Edited and revised final bids for submission
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management
Ohio State University, Columbus OH