A computer-aided design drafter or CAD drafter basically makes drawings and layouts using computer-based software.
One of the most popular software used by these is AutoCAD.
The position may be hired in the field of architecture, aeronautics, or electronics.
Irrespective of the field, the major role of a CAD drafter is to produce computerized designs and drawings as instructed.
A CAD drafter’s resume needs to be built very smartly in order to compete in the job market.
Related: CAD Drafter Cover Letter Sample
Though the position is technical, it is also a creative one which means that a winning resume for the position has to be very unique and innovative as well.
Here is a great example to guide you:
Sample Resume for CAD Drafter Position
richard . martin @ email . com
712 Freedom Avenue, San Diego, CA 78442
Highly energized, competent CAD Drafter with 11+ years of hands-on experience in computer-aided drafting of building plans. Client-focused professional, familiar with state-approved drafting protocols associated with architecture. Demonstrated ability to understand the client’s needs and translate the plan into a CAD draft flawlessly
- Expert in the production of aesthetic and feasible computer-aided structural drawings
- Well versed in structural mathematics and problem-solving
- Great attention to detail to create well-balanced drafts
EFCO Corporation, San Diego, CA
12/2015 – Present
- Accept handmade sketches of buildings and convert them into 3D and 2D CAD masterpieces as per instruction and preferences of the clients
- Utilize AutoCAD and other CAD software for drafting various legal land agreement plans as instructed
- Locate and identify the existing map data to support new building plans
- Produce colorful copies of landscape plans using CAD markers
- Earned the title ‘CAD Expert’ during the second year of work in 2021
- Created a 3D draft for 7 story building directly after the discussion to perfection and client’s satisfaction, without the aid of a hand sketch draft
HIP Builders, San Diego, CA
08/2009 – 11/2015
- Conducted field and sketch analysis to determine the most effective approach for plan development
- Implemented accurate legend formation based on structural calculations
- Revised plans as per request
Associates degree in drafting
Community College, San Diego, CA | 2009
– AutoCAD – CAD Series 13
– Money 2006 – Auto Desk Mechanical
– Inventor – Pro E
– Basic 3D AutoCAD – Micro station
– MS Office – Outlook