Resumes that provide the most insight into an applicant’s ability to work are the ones that are given consideration.
What should your resume for the medical biller collector position include?
From the summary to your education, and everything in between – such as skills, qualifications, competencies, and accomplishments.
Here is a sample:
Medical Biller Collector Resume Sample
447 South Street
Beaumont, TX 98987
annaboyd @ email . com
MEDICAL BILLER / COLLECTOR
Multi-talented: Insurance verifications, billing, and collections
Results-oriented medical biller and collector with extensive exposure to reviewing and submitting timely claims to insurance companies from a wide array of medical providers and facilities. An approachable and organized individual who has exceptional skills in monitoring and ensuring payments for rendered medical services are obtained timely.
• Reviewing patients’ bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtaining missing information.
• Identifying insurance company or third party to be billed, along with information of tertiary insurance companies.
• Expedited the payment collection procedure by suggesting contracting a third party for collecting check and cash payments.
• Successfully had all 52 denied claims paid by employing exceptional follow-up skills.
• Trained 13 newly hired medical billers in handling billing and collection work as part of their induction.
• Implemented a novel accounts crediting system, which reduced crediting time by 20%.
Medical Biller / Collector
IPC Healthcare, Beaumont, TX
May 2016 – Present
• Review patients’ bills for accuracy and completeness and ensure that any missing information is promptly obtained.
• Identify insurance companies that need to be contacted from the information provided on patients’ bills.
• Contact insurance companies to determine statuses of claims in a bid to expedite payments.
• Process payments as and when they are paid and ensure that correlating accounts are credited properly.
• Review denials, resubmit them, and ensure that they are followed up on a constant basis.
• Oversee insurance payments to ensure that they are accurate and in compliance with contract discounts.
• Post payments to patients’ accounts and inform patients of any discrepancies in medical records or billing information.
• Put together patient billing statements and explanation of benefits.
Medical Billing Assistant
Medix, Beaumont, TX
Sep 2009 – May 2016
• Collected and sorted patients’ bills and invoices for posting purposes.
• Checked medical records to ensure that they are correct and complete.
• Assisted medical billers in posting payments to patients’ accounts.
• Followed up with insurance companies on denials and late payments.
• Ascertained that all insurance companies pay the right amount into the patients’ accounts and followed up on problematic payments.
Community College, Beaumont, TX
Specialized Courses in Medical Billing and Coding | 2008
Associate of Science in Accounting | 2007
• Health Information Technology • Customer Service
• Coding and Billing • Insurance Liaison
• Payment Facilitation • Discrepancy Management
• ICD9/10 and CPT codes • Denials Review
• Resubmissions • Medicare and Medicaid
• Electronic Health Records • Claims Submission
• Payment Collection Protocols • Accounts Crediting
• MS Excel and Word
• Internet, Intranet, Email