Medical Billers usually work in the healthcare industry where their job is to ensure that all outstanding payments are paid and that any pending claims are taken care of. In order to apply for this job, you will need to craft a well-written cover letter and resume.
How to Write a Professional Cover Letter for Medical Biller Job?
- A cover letter for a medical biller job should be carefully tailored as per the needs of each facility, demonstrating that you have researched well and fully comprehend their requirements.
- It should contain examples of achievements and exact results you have produced in the past.
- Emphasize what you can do for the prospective employer using your experiences and skills.
The following 2 sample cover letters will guide you on how to create a medical biller cover letter.
Sample Cover Letter #1 for Medical Biller Resume
3 Grassy Trail Drive, San Diego, CA 74645
☏ (000) 333-3333
sarah @ email . com
January 2, 2021
Mr. David Cameron
8100 Sheldon Avenue
San Diego, CA 74000
Dear Mr. Cameron:
I was delighted to hear of your medical biller position and attached my resume for your consideration. With my track record of performing accurate and timely billing and performing follow-up tasks, I am able to maximize the efficiency of your billing department.
As you will note in the enclosed resume, my previous experiences have allowed me to widen the expertise necessary to succeed as a biller. I have developed extensive skills in EMR, Medicare and Medicaid and a strong background in patient and facility billing. Since a significant part of my work revolved around filing claims and related billing activities, I also acquired a good knowledge base of ICD-9 and CPT medical coding.
Furthermore, I can perform data entry tasks in a fast and accurate manner. With great attention to detail and excellent communication skills, I will become an asset to Family Healthcare.
I would like the opportunity to discuss how I could benefit the Family Healthcare utilizing my potential. I will call your office next week to check the status of my application. Alternately, I can be reached at (000) 333-5210 if you need to contact me in the meantime.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Medical Biller Cover Letter Sample 2
254 New Street
Mattawan, MI 20144
January 2, 2021
Mr. Bruce Jenson
Human Resource Manager
AAA Medical Services
649 Van Kale Avenue
Mattawan, MI 97100
Dear Mr. Jenson:
As an experienced Medical Biller who is not only organized but also a stickler for perfection, I would like to work for AAA Medical Services. Accuracy and compliance are my strong points, both of which are of great importance in this work.
- A complete focus on reviewing patients’ bills for exactitude and integrity before punching correlating information into the system.
- Demonstrated expertise in handling billing discrepancies by regularly checking and rechecking data.
- Inherent ability to effectively follow-up on patient copays and insurance companies to ensure timely payments.
- Qualified to evaluate patients’ financial standing and establish payment plans accordingly, especially for delinquent accounts
Furthermore, I recently achieved a Service Excellence Award owing to my contribution to increasing revenues through the maximum amount of payments through follow-up services. I am eager to replicate this by providing you with a more profound overview of my abilities in an interview and eventually working for you.
I will contact you after one week to set up an interview date and time. In the interim, you can contact me at (000) 474-1210. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Additional Guidelines to Write a Medical Biller Cover Letter
If you write a medical biller cover letter that begins a personal dialogue with the hiring committee, you will get their favor. A well-written cover for medical biller resume letter will:
- Conclusively demonstrate a fit between your medical billing background and their needs.
- Show that you are the best possible candidate for the medical biller position.
- Create a difference from other candidates who have applied for the same job.
The basic idea behind writing a cover letter for a medical biller resume is to set you apart from all other contenders, by highlighting your accomplishments, areas of expertise, and professional potential.