A Medical Biller Resume is, in a majority of cases, an employer’s primary introduction to you.
With this in mind here are a few tips to make the most excellent first impression and an example to review.
A resume’s purpose is to influence a recruiter by demonstrating how you are a good fit for a medical billing position.
A resume for a medical billing position is not a list of each and everything you have performed in your professional career nor it is your life history.
In fact, it is carefully selected and organized bullet points that show how your skills, expertise, and past experiences relate to your future job target or goals.
Medical Biller Resume Sample 1
Experience: 10+ Years
9022 Silver Lane, Danbury, CT 66544
❖ ❖ ❖ ❖
PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS AS A MEDICAL BILLER
• Over 12 years of dedicated experience in the medical billing and coding field
• Highly skilled in generating pre-bills and transmitting claims
• Well versed in following up with payers, vendors, and clearing agencies
• Hands-on experience in resolving denial log entries running reports
• Working knowledge of ICD-9/10 and CPT coding, medical terminology, and diagnostic procedures
Acuren, Danbury, CT
2012 – Present
• Managed to solicit payment from three major company accounts for medical services rendered which were in doubt for three years.
• Introduced an online billing system thereby ensuring centralization of all billed accounts.
• Manage the complete A/R cycle from billing through collections.
• Invoice customers on a periodic basis.
• Completion of closing tasks at the end of the month.
• Generate accruals and deferrals.
• Provide administrative support to the office.
• Uphold client relationships.
• Perform filing and documentation tasks.
Costa Health, Huntington Beach, CA
2008 – 2012
• Followed up with payers and vendors for billing purposes.
• Initiated and answer correspondence for claims resolution.
• Updated patient accounts.
• Logged bills and track clinics with no charges.
• Filed and re-filed claims.
• Resolved denial log entries.
• Posted approved adjustments.
Online Medical Billing and Reimbursement Course | AAPC
Huntington High School, Huntington Beach, CA
• Payments posting
• Invoices preparation
• Unpaid claims follow-up
• Data compilation
• Uploading claims
• Billing machines operations
• Computing charges
• Deposit balancing
• Records maintenance
• Refunds processing
• Account adjustments
• Microsoft Excel and Word
• Medicare and Medicaid
• 10-key calculator
Medical Biller Resume Sample 2
Experience: 5+ Years
680 Winchester Circle
Mattawan, MI 49071
Well-organized and focused Medical Biller with strong analytic skills, aimed at preparing data and submitting it to insurance companies to ensure timely payments. Exceptionally well-versed in documenting medical billing processes and ensuring that a high volume of payments is made on a constant basis. An analytic problem-solver who works efficiently in a collaborative environment. Well-versed with ICD-9/10, CPT, and HCPCS.
- Collecting payments from delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements and monitoring all incoming payments
- Utilizing collection agencies and small claims courts to collect accounts through appropriate perusal of legal remedies
- Reviewing patients’ bills for accuracy and completeness and obtaining missing information on an immediate basis
- Reviewing all accounts for insurance and patient follow-up and developing effective payment retrieval programs
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS A MEDICAL BILLER
- Decreased billing complaints by 58% by employing a “recheck” system which ensured data integrity
- Improved ties with 35 insurance companies on the hospital panel, resulting in increased efficiency in processing claims
- Suggested introduction of E-bills, which resulted in reduced paperwork
- Submitted 1520 claims in one day, following a backlog due to an employee being absent for an entire week
PRIVIA HEALTH, Mattawan, MI
(6/2017 – Present)
- Sort images and reports according to each patient’s specific information such as name, state, and facility
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all claims prior to submitting them
- Post charges for the professional component on a daily basis after enduring integrity of source data
- Prepare and submit claims to insurance companies both electronically and in paper form
- Respond to inquiries from patients and insurance companies by keeping within the parameters set by the facility
CITY HOSPITAL, Mattawan, MI
(5/2016 – 6/2017)
- Identified and resolved patients’ billing issues by investigating problems
- Evaluated patients’ financial status
- Established budget payment plans accordingly
- Processed payments from insurance companies
- Ensured that a daily bank deposit is prepared and processed
Medical Billing Officer
IDEAL PHYSICAL THERAPY, Mattawan, MI
(11/2015 – 5/2016)
- Ensured the integrity, completeness, and accuracy of data received from medical coders
- Handled data entry duties by ensuring that all information is punched in with minimum errors
- Checked the accuracy of punched in data and ensured that any corrected needed are seen to immediately
- Contacted insurance companies to determine statuses of claims and resubmitted rejected claims
60 Hours Training in Medical Billing and Coding
STATE COLLEGE, Mattawan, MI
SKILLS AS A MEDICAL BILLER
– Requisitions Verification
– Fee Processing
– Discrepancies Management
– Revenue Cycle Integrity
– Charge Posting
– Insurance Liaison
– Claims Follow-up
– Account Review
– E-bills Generation
– Data Entry
– Complaints Handling
- EMR, Medic, Allscripts
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Payer Websites Handling