What is a Medical Biller Resume?
A Medical Biller Resume is, in a majority of cases, an employer’s primary introduction to you.
With this in mind here are a few tips to make the most excellent first impression and an example to review.
A resume’s purpose is to influence a recruiter by demonstrating how you are a good fit to medical billing position.
A resume for a medical billing position is not a list of each and every thing you have performed in your professional career nor it is your life history.
In fact, it is a carefully selected and organized bullet points that shows how your skills, expertise and past experiences relate to your future job target or goals.
Related: Medical Biller Cover Letter
Medical Biller Resume Sample
9022 Silver Lane, Danbury, CT 66544
(002) 009-9999, Email
❖ ❖ ❖ ❖
• Over 5 years’ dedicated experience in medical billing and coding field
• Highly skilled in generating pre-bills and transmitting claims
• Well versed in following up with payers, vendors and clearing agencies
• Hands-on experience in resolving denial log entries running reports
• Working knowledge of ICD-9/10 and CPT coding, medical terminology and diagonosis procedures
|● Payments posting||● Invoices preparation||● Unpaid claims follow-up|
|● Data compilation||● Uploading claims||● Billing machines operations|
|● Computing charges||● Deposit balancing||● Records maintenance|
|● Refunds processing||● Bookkeeping||● Account adjustments|
• Managed to solicit payment from three major company accounts for medical services rendered which were in doubt for three years.
• Introduced an online billing system thereby ensuring centralization of all billed accounts.
Billing Clerk | Acuren, Danbury, CT | Dec 2012 – Present
• Manage complete A/R cycle from billing through collections.
• Invoice customers on a periodic basis.
• Completion closing tasks at the end of month.
• Generate accruals and deferrals.
• Provide administrative support to office.
• Uphold client relationships.
• Perform filing and documentation tasks.
Medical Biller | Costa Health, Huntington Beach, CA | Feb 2008 – Dec 2012
• Followed up with payers and vendors for billing purposes.
• Initiated and answer correspondence for claims resolution.
• Updated patient accounts.
• Logged bills and track clinics with no charges.
• Filed and re-file claims.
• Resolved denial log entries.
• Posted approved adjustments.
Online Medical Billing and Reimbursement Course | AAPC
G.E.D | Huntington High School, Huntington Beach, CA
• Microsoft Excel and Word
• Medicare and Medicaid
• 10-key calculator
Last updated on