Professionals working in the medical billing and coding world have a lot of responsibilities on their shoulders. Striving to remember which code goes with what category is not everyone’s ball game and people hired for this job are usually required to possess some medical knowledge as all the work is related to this field mainly.
People applying in medical billing and coding disciplines will need to specify their relevant skills in a resume. Since a resume objective is the most widely read single section in a resume, these skills need to depict in it.
Since competition is fierce, candidates for this position need to ensure that all their selling points are portrayed well in a resume, especially in the objective statement.
Your objective should be specific, measurable, achievable, and realistic. Remember to keep it simple and to the point. Let us look at a few examples:
12 Best Sample Objectives for Medical Billing and Coding Resume
1. An analytical and precise individual, looking for a position as a Medical Coder with MBS utilizing expertise in CPT and ICD9 coding and profound knowledge of medical terminology.
2. Top performing billing and coding professional seeking a position with Coral Solutions utilizing skills in HCPCS and insurance carrier knowledge to add to the professional image of the company.
3. To work for Metro Solutions as a Medical Coder. Bringing a solid background of medical and anatomical terminology along with excellence in DRGs and optimization techniques.
4. To work for Codex as a Medical Coder making the most of hands-on experience in CPT-4, ICD9/10 coding, and medical records auditing to increase the overall efficiency of the billing department.
5. Exceptionally talented medical coder seeking a position with ABC Company to effectively assign codes to billable activities, and translate codes into insurance companies’ relevant coding systems. Proficient in preparing claims and following up with payments.
6. Diligent and organized medical billing and coding professional poised to become a part of ABC Healthcare. Bringing hands-on experience in reviewing doctors’ orders, obtaining necessary information clarification, assigning relevant medical codes to diagnosis and services, and entering them in management software to maintain accuracy and zero mistakes.
Entry Level Medical Billing and Coding Resume Objectives
7. Looking for a Medical Coder position with Core Solutions where my understanding of diagnosis and procedure coding will be utilized to orchestrate the smooth flow of operations.
8. Seeking a Medical Coder position with Medic Sols using excellence in translating codes into insurance company specific coding systems.
9. A position as a Medical Biller at MBS to utilize acute knowledge of bookkeeping techniques in sync with medical terminology to manage the billing system effectively.
10. To work as a Medical Biller for Cutting Edge Solutions. Offering profound knowledge of hospital, federal, and state billing procedures and regulations.
11. A Medical Coder position with Family Healthcare. Offering current certification in modern coding procedures with a strong background in A/R functions.
12. To obtain employment as a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist to make the most of knowledge of medical terminology, insurance policies, and CPT and ICD-9 coding.