People applying for medical billing and coding jobs will need to specify their passion, experience, and skills in a resume.
Since competition is fierce, job seekers need to ensure that their core skills and passion are portrayed well in a resume objective or summary statement.
Your objective or summary should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and to the point.
If you have less than 5 years of experience in hand, you should start your resume with an objective statement. Use a summary statement if you have extensive experience in hand.
The following are some sample resume objectives and summary statements that will give you ideas to build your own.
Sample Objectives for Medical Billing and Coding Resume
Experienced Medical Billing and Coding Objectives
1. Seasoned medical billing and coding professional looking for employment at ABC Company. Excited to utilize my 8 years of hands-on experience in CPT-4, ICD-10/11 coding, and medical records auditing to increase the overall efficiency of the billing department.
2. An analytical-minded and precise individual, looking for a position as a Medical Coder with MBS. Poised to utilize my expertise in ICD-11, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, and HCPCS Level II coding and profound knowledge of medical terminology to execute billing goals effectively.
3. Top-performing billing and coding professional seeking a challenging role with Coral Solutions. Energetic to utilize HCPCS skills and insurance carrier knowledge to add to the professional image of the company.
4. To work for Metro Solutions as a Medical Coder. Bringing a solid background in medical and anatomical terminology, DRGs, and optimization techniques to improve continuous integration and delivery.
5. Exceptionally talented medical coder seeking employment with ABC Company. Eager to effectively assign codes to billable activities, and translate codes into insurance companies’ relevant coding systems. Proficient in preparing claims and following up with payments.
6. Diligent and organized medical billing and coding professional poised to become part of ABC Healthcare. Bringing 6 years of hands-on experience in reviewing doctors’ orders, obtaining necessary information clarification, assigning relevant medical codes to diagnoses and services, and entering them into management software to maintain accuracy and zero mistakes.
Entry Level Medical Billing and Coding Objectives
7. Looking for a Medical Coder position with Core Solutions where my understanding of diagnosis and procedure coding will be utilized to orchestrate the smooth flow of operations.
8. Recent graduate Medical Coder with several months’ practical internship experience. Seeking to help ABC Healthcare manage insurance claims, invoices, and payments by using my solid understanding of CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS.
9. A position as a Medical Biller at MBS. Enthusiastic to utilize my knowledge of coding techniques in sync with medical terminology to manage the billing system effectively.
10. To work as a Medical Biller for Cutting Edge Solutions. Offering profound knowledge of medical billing and coding, as well as federal, and state billing procedures and regulations.
11. A Medical Coder position with Family Healthcare. Offering current certification in modern coding procedures with a strong background in A/R functions.
12. Poised to use medical billing certification to contribute to the success of ABC Company. Offering knowledge of medical terminology, insurance policies, and CPT and ICD-10 coding.
Medical Billing and Coding Resume Summary Examples
13. Highly skilled and driven Medical Billing and Coding Specialist with 5+ years’ track record of generating accurate and properly coded medical bills. Proficient in using ICD-11 and CPT to submit insurance claims. Expertly handled unpaid account collections and answered patients’ billing queries.
14. Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist working in hospital settings for 7 years. Well-versed in coding clinical diagnoses, preparing and abstracting medical data for insurance claims, and handling client queries and complaints regarding the same. Exceptionally skilled in appealing and handling unpaid or denied claims.
15. Results-driven billing and coding specialist with 10 years of experience in the field of medical billing and coding with a strong background in ICD 10/11, CPT, and HCPCS. Great interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to verify and forward patients’ medical insurance claims based on coded medical diagnostic data.
16. Certified medical coder and biller with 4+ years of experience in the ICD-10/11, CPT, and HPCS. Proven skills in providing accurate coding on the patient’s medical diagnosis and treatment based on received medical records to forward and process appropriate invoices. Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
17. Results-driven, accurate medical billing and coding professional with a strong knowledge of medical terminology and universal protocols based on formal coding systems. Adept at maintaining records of the medical services received by patients and generating coded bills and invoices based on the same.
18. Top-performing medical billing professional with 10 years of experience in clinic and hospital medical billing and coding. Strong proficiency in ICD-11, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, and HCPCS Level II-based coding procedures and insurance claim protocols. Adept at dealing with patients’ insurance claims and abstraction of clinical information.
19. Certified patient account technician with hands-on experience in medical billing and coding procedures. Strengths include coding and documentation auditing, insurance claims verification, and assigning appropriate codes to diagnosis based on ICD-10, HCPCS, and CPT.