Through dedicated sections in a post office clerk resume, we intend to provide hiring managers with information on what we can offer to them in terms of skills, experience, and accomplishments.
Each section has something concrete to say.
Skills and experience sections are usually considered “must” but what we sometimes ignore is the accomplishments section. This section is considered extremely important as it has the capacity to provide hiring managers with exact information about what a candidate is capable of.
When we talk about skills and experience, we are providing hiring managers with information that they may not really be able to verify. For this, they will just have to take your word for it. However, accomplishments can be verified.
Hiring managers may call up an old employer and find out if you have actually achieved as much as you say that you have in a resume.
This is why they prefer resumes that boast of an accomplishments section.
It is sometimes difficult to separate experiences from accomplishments and we often end up using them interchangeably. Not done.
A hiring manager will know what your accomplishments are and what can be deemed as mere responsibilities.
How do you separate them?
A responsibility is something that you handle on a typical workday.
On the other hand, accomplishment or achievement is something that brought results
Let us provide you with some sample accomplishments for a post office clerk resume to help you understand this in a better manner:
Sample Achievements for Post Office Clerk Resume
- Conducted a series of seminars and educational workshops on the importance of proper mail handling.
- Introduced an automated weight calculation system that provided instant alerts in cases of extra weight.
- Uncovered a huge smuggling plan by employing good judgment.
- Reorganized the mail sorting system which resulted in increased mail distribution efficiency.
- Introduced a complaint procedure to address grievances regarding mail theft and lost or damaged mail.
- Introduced a postage cancellation device that reduced cancellation time by 50%.
- Implemented the bulletin board system to display government announcements which decreased the pressure placed on post office clerks.
- Trained 32 post office clerks in effectively, carefully, and confidentially handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Increased revenue by $5000 per year by introducing a new money order system.
- Suggested implementation of an online contact information system, reducing overhead costs by 10% per month.
- Implemented a system that automatically stamped envelopes and packages according to their weight and size, thereby reducing stamping time by 60%.