There is a certain way in which you can convince the hiring manager to hire you for an entry-level post office clerk position.
Typically, your knowledge of the work, and skills in it will make a case for you. And these can be best communicated through a resume.
It is important to realize that your resume for a post office clerk position has to be spot on in many ways.
A past training or internship in a similar capacity must be highlighted.
And you must make sure that your resume talks about what kind of a person you are – through academic achievements, and extracurricular activities – so that a hiring manager has several reasons to consider you for the job.
A resume sample for a post office clerk who has had no experience is provided here:
Post Office Clerk Resume No Experience
45 Good Street, Atlantic City, NJ77384
POST OFFICE CLERK
Ambitious, resourceful, and organized individual, with a solid interest in working in a mail handling capacity. Skilled in managing incoming as well as outgoing mail, especially large volumes. Deeply familiar with handling the retail end of a post office. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Atlantic City, NJ – 2018
Awards and Honors
• Made it to the top of the academic list 3 years in a row, due to exceptional academic skills
• Awarded Student of the Year Award for maintaining educational excellence throughout middle and high school
• Led 5 school clubs, including pottery, poetry, writing, reading, and football, all of which received city-wide recognition
• Represented the school at the Inter-school Writing Competition, held in Newark, NJ, in 2018
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Money Order Handling
- Postage Assurance
- Equipment Operation
- Transactions Recording
- Mail Regulations
- Circulars Posting
- Retail Management
- Package Checking
Post Office Volunteer
US Postal Services, Atlantic City, NJ | 1/2019 – 4/2019
• Greeted customers at the post office counter, and assisted them by responding to their queries
• Determined requirements for stamps for parcels and letters
• Processed transactions, and tendered change and receipts
• Sorted incoming and outgoing mail according to the protocol
• Checked parcels and packages for conformity
• Worked as a volunteer at Great People’s Hospice for 3 months
• Led a team of students on a mission to clean Atlantic City, which had a 100% success rate